MBSE Software Development Engineer at Virgin Hyperloop
To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
The System Engineering Team at Virgin Hyperloop One develops and matures functional models and requirements for our current project and future growth.
As our MBSE Software Development Engineer, you’ll be responsible to develop data modeling add-on and new functionalities for our MBSE tool CAPELLA. You will also contribute to the optimisation of modeling development process between the System Engineering team and the various design teams.
You’ll develop complex and advanced java programming to enhance functionalities of the tool CAPELLA to support system engineering model development and critical information exchange between engineering groups.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Embedded in the System Engineering Team, work with System Engineers, System Integration Engineer and the MBSE Technical Lead to develop add-on specifications and development schedule.
- Work in the Capella Studio (open source software development kit) or Eclipse development platform to develop add-on and work with the java ePackage related to the CAPELLA metamodels.
- Develop add-on under limited supervision.
- Test, trouble-shoot and verify add-on against specification.
- Complete add-on final testing with System and Integration Engineer.
- Support development of functional model with the System Engineer.
- Other development projects as assigned such as:
- Functional model migration to Simulink.
- Functional Chain verification with executable simulation
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience in Java programming (advanced level)
- Strong experience in standard SW development tools (Jira, Git)
- Software tool integration experience
- Strong experience in Simulink/Matlab
- Work in agile environment
- Knowledge with MBSE
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge on system engineering process
- Eclipse IDE use & add-on development
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave