Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars. Check out our latest YouTube video here!
The Materials Team is a key contributor to the Relativity Space mission by designing, understanding, and developing our materials. Your main objective will be to successfully identify promising new areas of materials development across the company and put programs in action to pursue them. Relativity Space is focused on 3D printing rockets and associated hardware with the ultimate goal of 3D printing a rocket on Mars.
What you'll do:
- Designing, understanding, and developing our Additive Manufacturing materials
- Perform materials processing techniques to prep and evaluate test samples across the company
Skills/Competencies we're looking for:
- Current undergraduate or graduate student graduating in December 2021 or Spring/Summer 2022
- Earning your degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Relevant internship experience preferred
- Experience designing, sizing, and analyzing of highly engineered parts
- Familiarity of at least of the following: CAD program, design for additive manufacturing, and GD&T.
- Self-starter that has demonstrated the ability to define and own a process from scratch and roll out that process through adept communication to a diverse team.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.