About The Brand
Overview and Responsibilities
At Pluto TV, we approach testing differently -- we are testing, and breaking, code constantly, but we help rebuild it better. Software Test Engineers (STE) design Pluto TV’s testing infrastructure and write code to examine and validate large-scale software development and deployments. As an STE Manager, you partner with software engineering leadership to create and code tests concurrently with product development. You build tools that help developers be more productive, write better code and test it themselves. Troubleshooting is an understatement; it's more like trouble forecasting. The STE Manager will also act as a representative of the Software Test Engineering Team in scrum meetings and provide recommendations on how to provide better quality coverage for the applications supported.
- Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused in creating data validation tests based on requirements.
- Provide a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity.
- Provide a holistic assessment of data quality based upon the existing implementation vs new feature development.
- Develop testing and defect remediation process
- Management / Mentorship of Software Test Engineers
- Java Coding Experience
- Experience of testing API services / Publishing systems at scale
- People Management experience
- Project Management/Leadership experience
- 5+ years experience of people management working with on-site and offshore teams
- 5+ years of solid working experience on developing Test automation scripts specifically object-oriented frameworks (Selenium/Webdriver, TestNG, Java)
- 5+ years of solid working experience in testing API System at scale
- 3+ years of experience in creating and executing tests using robust api testing frameworks
- 5+ years of performance testing experience supporting high-scale back-end systems
- Good working knowledge on NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, etc)
- Mentoring of team members on the following competencies:
- Test Automation and STE Test Automation Standards
- Use of STE Unified Test Framework
- Application behavior and testing techniques
- Test coverage for application(s) supported.
- 3+ years of experience leading projects with minimal supervision.
- Functional Testing on Native Apps, OTT (Over-the-top), web platforms, a BIG plus.
- 2+ years of testing experience in an Agile Software Development methodology.
- Exposure to Agile Management tools such as Jira, a plus.