Manager of Software Safety and Security
The Manager of Software Safety & Security will be part of the Software Architecture Team, within the Software Engineering Division. The team works with other teams to agree the underpinning standards and requirements to insure a safe and secure system. This includes acting as the expert resource to educate the rest of the company on the requirements for safe and secure software.
Ultimately, we will design reliable, scalable, real-time (or near-real time) applications that make Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Develop, implement, and optimize the software safety and security processes.
- Lead the creation of design guidelines, requirements and protocols for security in all areas of the software system.
- Includes, but is not limited to: access control, identity management, encryption, signing, and network segregation.
- Lead the creation of design guidelines, requirements and protocols to ensure the safety critically in all necessary areas of the software system.
- Lead, grow, and maintain a team of software architects and engineers.
- Keep a customer focused mindset, prioritizing developer productivity and application uptime.
- Champion processes and procedures across the organization.
- Communicate, present, and defend opinions concerning physical and logical architecture in a productive and diplomatic fashion.
- Help maintain both agile and waterfall environments with safety critical and safety related systems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in a people management position.
- Solid experience and track record in software safety and security, or similar.
- Experience managing projects with both agile and waterfall methods.
- Understanding of performance tools, metrics and benchmarks.
- Working proficiency and excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Experience managing safety critical systems for critical infrastructure.
- Experience in working with and standardising software security stacks across multiple embedded operating systems.
- Experience working with third parties for certification and penetration testing.
- Experience of government and international projects related to systems security.
- Experience managing security teams for embedded, connected, and cloud software solutions.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.