Manager of SDET, Platform
PatientPop is a healthcare technology company that helps practices thrive with an all in one practice growth solution. Our platform empowers practices to promote themselves online, attract patients, and retain them for life. We improve every digital touchpoint along the patient journey, so patients can easily find and choose a practice, and become their advocate. We also improve every aspect of a practice’s online presence to help them attract the right patients to their services, and keep them coming back.
We've helped thousands of providers since our founding in 2014. Along the way, we cultivated an incredible work environment — one of the best, according to Great Place to Work
How you will contribute:
- You will be the first hire to build a team to build process, policy, and testing frameworks then rollout across distributed product teams (integration, performance, chaos, etc.) that write their own unit tests.
- Hands-on manager who creates end to end testing for the continuous deployment pipeline
- Raise the bar across the technology organization for the standards of testing and release quality of the distributed teams
- Own the delivery of OKRs, work with the product team to define KPIs and meet SLAs
Our tech stack:
- Language: Python 3, Java
- Infrastructure: AWS
- Framework: Flask
- Database: Postgres, Elasticsearch, Dynamo
- Events: Kinesis, SQS, SNS
- Service: ECS, Lambda
Skills you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer or SDET
- 2+ years of experience in SDET management
- Technical roadmap evangelization and management
- Experience with testing frameworks (Cucumber, jUnit, TestNG, Selenide)
- Experience with performance and load testing (jMeter, loadimpact)
- Experience with using ORM frameworks
- Experience with event-driven technologies (Kafka, kinesis, SQS, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with relational (MySQL, Postgres) and nonrelational databases (Dynamo, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Hbase)
- Experience with microservices and scalable object-oriented RESTFUL web services
- Must have an understanding of distributed design patterns using cloud-based systems including AWS
- Leader of Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile processes
- Team-oriented and collaborative, capacity to mentor team members of all levels
- Leadership ability, excellent written and verbal English skills.
- You are able to hire, build, and develop high performing engineering teams
- You are able to quickly make low-level decisions while being patient and methodical with high-level ones.
- You’re curious, love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
- You are adept at prioritizing value and shipping complex products requiring coordination across multiple teams
- You love working with some of the best world-class engineers, product managers, and architects.
- You strive to excel, innovate and take pride in your work
- You are able to work well with other leaders
- Opportunities to host PatientPop talks
- Weekly catered lunches
- 100% fully-paid health, dental and vision options
- Stock options
- 401 (k)
- 2 Blocks from the beach and next to the promenade
- And many more perks!
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.