To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
The System Engineering Team at Virgin Hyperloop One develops and matures the requirements for our current and future growth.
As our M-del-Based Systems Engineer, you’ll be the domain owner for the high-voltage (HV) & low-voltage (LV) system as well as the Battery Management System (BMS) on our hyperloop vehicle system. You’ll develop complex functional modeling, elicitate functional, performance, interface, reliability/availability/maintainability/safety (RAMS) requirements and support our HV, BMS and LV design team, software team and external vendors for our design gate milestones.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Solve difficult, complex system requirement engineering problems, such as:
- Developing low-level functional models and concise functional description documentation within a MBSE process
- Identifying functional, performance, interface and non-functional requirements
- Trace low-level requirements to system requirements
- Complete multi-day assignments collaboratively with moderate supervision, such as:
- Defining use case, conducting functional allocation, and evaluating requirement verification
- Developing complete and harmonized requirements specification
- Responsible for making decisions within scope, such as:
- Deriving requirements from your analysis of all relevant input documents (CONOPS, design, drawings, standards, and regulation) collaboratively with responsible engineer
- Support safety requirement definition with safety team from hazard and control measure analysis.
- Lead functional model and requirement review with responsible engineer and/or software module owner. Capable to interact easily with BMS design engineer, power electronics engineer and vendor when required.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- Completed a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field OR equivalent work experience
- Strong experience in battery systems, BMS control logic, HV power converter, DCDC, HV/LV fault management
- Experience with model-based systems engineering tools, such as SysML/UML/CAPELLA modeling language or other comparable language
- Experience working with safety critical systems (including hardware and software)
- Experience in Simulink/Stateflow
- Proficiency with requirements management tools, such as DOORS NG or similar
- Excellent technical understanding of interface control document, complex electrical engineering drawings and architecture
- Excellent knowledge in sensing technology, communication protocols such as CAN, Ethernet, Serial
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience on using EN 50126 or ARP4754 process
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave