To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
The System Engineering Team at Virgin Hyperloop develops and matures the requirements for our current and future growth.
As our Lead System Engineer, you’ll be a domain owner for embedded electronics components, including the communication system, network system, line of sight system and avionics controllers on our Hyperloop Vehicle System.You’ll develop complex functional modeling, elicitate functional, performance, interface, RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability & Safety) requirements and support our Embedded Electronics team, software team and external vendors for our design gate milestones.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Solve difficult, complex system requirement engineering problems, such as:
- Developing low-level functional models and concise functional description documentation within an MBSE (model-based systems engineering) process
- Complete multi-day assignments collaboratively with moderate supervision, such as:
- Developing use case/functional chain in the logical and physical architecture to address test need
- Developing functional, performance, interface and non-functional requirements, for hardware and software components.
- Tracing low-level requirements to system requirements
- Developing complete and harmonized requirements specification
- Evaluating requirement validation with responsible engineer and test engineer
- Be responsible for making decisions within scope, such as:
- Deriving requirements from your analysis of all relevant input documents (CONOPS, design, drawings, standards, and regulation) collaboratively with responsible engineers from embedded electronics and software team
- Support safety requirement definition with safety team from hazard and control measure analysis
- Lead functional model and requirement review with requirement owner and product owner
- Interact easily with EE engineers, software engineers and vendors when required
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Strong experience developing, deriving, and allocating systems engineering requirements in Communication, Network System, Line of Sight System and/or Hardware Avionics application
- Strong technical experience in communication system, hardware avionics and communication network system
- Excellent technical understanding of interface control document, complex electrical engineering drawings and avionics system architecture
- Excellent knowledge in sensing technology communication protocols such as CAN, Ethernet, or Serial
- Proficiency with requirements management tools, such as DOORS NG or similar
- Experience with model-based systems engineering tools, such as SysML/UML/CAPELLA modeling language or other comparable language
- Experience working with safety critical systems (including hardware and software)
- Familiar with typical milestones such as SRR, PDR, DDR etc.
- Familiar with board-level architecture, schematic design, FPGA design
- Ability to successfully complete tasks with minimal direction both working as an individual contributor as well as a team member
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience on using ARP4754 process.
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave