Lead Structural Dynamics and Loads
Greater LA Area
Relativity seeks a highly talented Lead Structural Dynamics Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding technical leadership in the development of the Terran 1 launch vehicle, as well as helping build a world-class structures team. A high degree of autonomy and leadership is required.
- Develop loads for launch vehicles and related ground systems
- Predict launch vehicle environments (quasi-static, dynamic, shock, vibration, and acoustic)
- Develop, refine, and oversee structural test methods, procedures, levels, and duration
- Work in a multidisciplinary team to develop and integrate structural models into mission design tools
- Support component and mission design as the in-house structural dynamics expert
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in engineering or related field and 10+ years relevant experience
- Expert in rigid and flexible body dynamics, coupled loads analysis, finite element modeling
- Experience solving a variety of complex structural problems on orbital launch vehicles
- Solid foundation of structural dynamics and vibroacoustic fundamentals
- An graduate degree (MS/PhD) in engineering or related field and 20+ years relevant experience
- Expert in launch vehicle and spacecraft environments
- Expert in vibroacoustics and shock
- FORTRAN, Python, MATLAB proficiency
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description