Lead Software Test Engineer, Growth/Experiments at Pluto TV
About The Brand
Overview and Responsibilities
At Pluto TV, we approach testing differently -- we are testing, and breaking, code constantly, but we help rebuild it better. Software Test Engineers (STEs) design Pluto TV’s testing infrastructure and write code to examine and validate large-scale software development and deployments. As an STE Lead, your partnership with software engineering leads to create and code tests concurrently with product development is critical. You build tools that help developers be more productive, write better code and test it themselves. Troubleshooting is an understatement; it's more like trouble forecasting. The STE Lead will also act as a lead representative of the Software Test Engineering Team in all growth and experiments engineering scrum meetings and provide hands-on leadership work to provide better quality coverage for the applications supported.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Working in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused in creating data validation tests based on requirements.
- Providing a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity.
- Providing a holistic assessment of data quality based upon the existing implementation vs new feature development.
- Developing and enhancing testing and defect remediation process
- Leading a team of Software Test Engineers focused on various testing initiatives on Native Apps, Connected TVs, Web to implement features & experiments to enable viewership growth and engagement.
- Java Coding Experience
- Experience with Native Apps, OTT (Over-the-top), web platforms systems at scale
- Formal testing experience from planning to execution with solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
- People Leadership experience
- Project Leadership experience
- 5+ years experience of leading engineers working with on-site and offshore teams
- Mentoring of team members on the following competencies:
- Test Automation and STE Test Automation Standards.
- Use of STE Unified Test Framework.
- Application behavior and testing techniques.
- Test coverage for application(s) supported.
- Efficient testing strategies.
- 5+ years of solid working experience on developing Test automation scripts specifically object-oriented frameworks (Selenium/Webdriver, TestNG, Java)
- 3+ years of experience in creating and executing tests using robust api testing frameworks
- 5+ years of performance testing experience supporting high-scale back-end and front-end systems
- Good working knowledge on NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, etc)
- 3+ years of experience leading projects with minimal supervision.
- Functional Testing on Native Apps, OTT (Over-the-top), web platforms, a must have.
- 2+ years of testing experience in an Agile Software Development methodology.
- Experience with Test Management tools such as TestRail, a must.
- Exposure to A/B testing frameworks, a plus
- Exposure to Agile Management tools such as Jira, a plus