The Role You Will Have
- Lead the development of System1’s main ad serving platform - this platform is used by a diverse group of users servicing both internal and externally facing products.
- Build, operate, and optimize large web-based systems and platforms that interface directly with real-time scoring models and support various optimization algorithms that are multi-objective in nature.
- Design and implement algorithms to efficiently process, analyze, and serve massive datasets.
- Serve as a key individual contributor within the Venice engineering group and provide technical leadership to the team.
- Take projects through the full engineering lifecycle: designing, ticketing, building, testing, deploying, and debugging tools and products.
- Work with a tight knit group of engineers and data stakeholders.
What You Will Bring
- 7+ years of experience in back-end or full stack development.
- Well versed with Python and Python libraries/frameworks is required.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to mentor and guide a driven team of talented engineers - prior experience leading projects with at least 2+ engineers a must.
- Passion for leveraging technology to solve problems and maximize productivity.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience building scalable and reliable products in the cloud.
- Experience with designing, implementing, and using RESTful APIs.
- Ability to execute ideas and influence decision making in a clear and effective manner.
- Exposure to ad serving systems and reliability requirements.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment.
What We Have To Offer
- Free Uber/Lyft to and from work every day!
- Collegial and collaborative team with highly intelligent and motivated coworkers.
- Cross-team lunches and demos to foster learning.
- Unlimited Paid Sick Time, Competitive PTO and Benefits package.
- Daily catered meals and fully stocked kitchen.
- Bi-weekly happy hour at various bars, restaurants, and venues across Los Angeles.
- Bi-weekly onsite happy hour.
- Catered dinner on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Weekly fitness class with private trainer: high intensity training, yoga, beach volleyball, beach soccer, ultimate frisbee.