As a Lead Digital Communications Systems Engineer (Level 4), you will design, develop, and deliver state-of-the-art communication systems for space-based applications for commercial, civil, milsatcomm, and/or national security programs. You will lead a highly-motivated team that works with domestic or international customers on their latest satellite systems.
Project assignments typically span the complete program life cycle, from internal trades, concept studies and system definition, to satellite development, launch, and on-orbit operations and test. Candidates will belong to a systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test engineers, and senior technologists.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
- Define and develop satellite communications systems and payload architectures.
- Lead trade studies.
- Define and verify space communication system requirements and interfaces.
- Lead system-level CONOPS development, functional analysis and decomposition.
- Lead system-level integration and validation.
- Perform analyses and simulations for space communication systems, including: link analysis, signal distortion, system capacity, reliability, and performance.
- Develop analysis tools using MATLAB and object-oriented software platforms.
- Develop and verify system algorithms that meet functional and performance requirements.
- Perform hardware procurement, design reviews, and unit sell-off.
- Lead system test preparation, execution, troubleshooting, and verification.
- Mentor the program junior communication systems engineers and review their work for quality.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active/current U.S. Security Clearance with successful completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the last 5 years (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic (Required) Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an engineering classification is required.
- Experience with digital communications.
- Experience working on satellite or space based payloads.
- Leadership experience with a small team.
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications
- Experience Matlab/Simulink and C++.
- Experience with digital/RF communications hardware and lab equipment.
- 5+ years of experience in RF, digital, and/or optical communications.
- Experience with the following:
- Digital signal processing (DSP)
- Waveform design
- Antenna theory
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Individual Contributor - 4
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.