Lead Salesforce Engineer
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds.com is looking for a Salesforce Lead Software Engineer who can define, design and develop Salesforce.com solutions balancing urgency, business processes, system quality and innovation. You will breakdown technical challenges into their component parts and do your best work with a distributed team centered out of our Santa Monica office. If you are looking for an opportunity to build a rich Salesforce user experience and own delivery of critical systems and then keep reading.
What You’ll Do:
• Lead by example as a hands-on developer to design, implement, and take ownership of both new and existing functionality
• Deliver high quality code in a fast-paced, dynamic and diverse team environment
• Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovation that improves system availability, resilience, and performance
• Analyze, design and develop test cases and implement automated test suites
• Balance getting things done with quality while managing technical debt
• Lead a geographically dispersed development team
What You Need:
• 5+ years or more experience with Apex, Visualforce, and the salesforce.com APIs. Lightning experience a plus
• Significant experience in practicing agile methodologies, including scrum and continuous integration environments
• Experience with APEX, Lightning, Visualforce, and UI related technologies
• Experience integrating systems via REST
• Experience leading and working with geographically dispersed development teams
• Experience leading technical requirements gathering and building solutions from those requirements
• Ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies and convert them into customer solutions
• Salesforce Certification (401 or Platform Developer 501)
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.