Endpoint is on a mission to transform the home closing experience. While billions of VC dollars have been poured into improving how we list and search for a home, the closing process operates in the same way it has for decades: very little transparency for everyone involved, mountains of complex paperwork, and endless calls back and forth. It’s time to challenge the status quo – and that’s why we founded Endpoint. We believe the combination of modern technology, a standardized and simplified closing process, and a highly dedicated team of people will completely change the $21B+ industry – delivering an experience that instills the joy of an effortless close for all.
Endpoint is looking a Lead react engineer to lead the teams that build features for our apps. Our front end clients are written in React and React Native, using React Native Web to allow us to write once, deploy everywhere.
As Lead React Engineer, you will use your skills to:
- Lead a 4+ person scrum team to deliver high quality, well tested code
- Manage 1-4 engineers as direct reports
- Help mentor junior developers
- Work with PMs to ensure timely releases and high quality code
- Architect and help develop the Endpoint 2.0 Platform
- Help set the standard regarding code quality and test coverage
- Help build the engineering culture at Endpoint
- You are well versed in TDD and modern testing frameworks
- You have worked on a significant front end code base (in any framework) before
Why work at Endpoint:
- You will have a lot of responsibility and many opportunities to advance your career as we grow
- You will get first-hand experience of working for a well funded early stage startup
- Your hard work, ownership, and self-sustainability will be greatly valued
- We offer great benefits - Health, Dental, Vision and 401K match
- Dog-friendly office, fully stocked snack bar and weekly catered lunches
- Competitive compensation, including a Long Term Incentive Plan
Culture of communication
The Endpoint engineering team prides itself on building an honest, transparent and supportive culture that creates a space where everyone can be heard, and where every team member is respected. No matter what your communication style, we create an appropriate channel for you to speak your mind.
Balancing work and everything else in your life
At Endpoint, we believe that the most productive engineers are people who are well rested, well fed, and have plenty of time to spend doing the things they love outside of the workplace. That's why we have WFH Fridays every other week, we supply lunch for the team every Wednesday, we have a "two weeks to unlimited" PTO policy, and we encourage you to WFH when you need heads down time or have family responsibilities that make coming into the office that day impractical.
Working, and playing, together
We believe that the best teams trust each other and enjoy spending time together. As such, we organize team and company events, from casual happy hours to big nights out at places like The Magic Castle. We strive to create social opportunities for our teams to relax together, and we're open to all sorts of activities -- from rock climbing, to sailing, attending tech events together and whatever else teams come up with -- employee happiness is an important metric that we are serious about investing in.
Building great things
Our goal is to build software we can be proud of and tools that improve people's lives. We strive for excellence by honestly assessing our strengths and weaknesses and working together to improve ourselves and our product. We leverage TDD, code reviews and collaborative creative sessions to ensure we are shipping high quality code at an ever increasing velocity.
Our current application is live in Seattle with much positive feedback from the real estate sector there. It was brought to market in just 6 months, and we have proven that product/market fit is there.
Now, we need to harden the code base and improve the user experience, while continuing to build internal tools that help our engineers work more efficiently. We’re looking for the next cohort of Endpoint engineers -- experienced problem solvers who get excited about helping teams level up and improve.
Endpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.