Lead Process Development Engineer - Linear Infrastructure at Virgin Hyperloop One
You will be a part of the Manufacturing Process Development team who is responsible for defining how Hyperloop sub-systems are produced from early prototyping to mass production. You will develop and implement robust manufacturing processes for the Hyperloop vacuum tube, vacuum mechanisms, portal systems & linear track. Ultimately your purpose is to produce the components that make the best Hyperloop linear infrastructure network possible.
- Research, design, prototype and develop manufacturing processes from preliminary “laboratory” testing to full scale mass production
- Provide DFM/DFA feedback on designs of all linear and Hyperloop portal hardware to the engineering team
- Build sub-scale and full-scale prototypes to prove processes are capable to produce product that meet requirements
- Engage and build relationships with strategic supply chain vendors
- Research & report manufacturing costs, risks, process feasibility and results of trials for various design trades
- Work daily with hardware design engineers to understand the most up-to-date product requirements and development status to ensure manufacturing development keeps pace or leads product design
- Work with a Project Manager to meet critical project schedule deadlines
- Identify opportunities for manufacturing IP generation
- Provide technical & non-technical guidance to less experienced engineers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- An experienced engineer able to actively learn and apply that knowledge as well as previous experience to create new processes and manufacture bespoke products
- Able to chart a path forward through ambiguity and lack of definition
- Able to relate and present to executives, engineers and technicians
- Excellent communicator, organized, self-directed, decisive, attention to detail and possesses good judgment
- Ability to think ahead and plan over multi-month time spans
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities & projects
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency in 2D and 3D CAD and ability to interpret & create complex part and assembly drawings
- 4+ years of professional experience in one or more of the following or similar:
- Concrete precast or reinforced concrete process experience
- Manufacturing of complex welded structures
- Manufacturing of precision actuated mechanisms
- Manufacturing of machinery
- Manufacturing of complex assemblies
- Manufacturing of high precision large-scale equipment
- Manufacturing of high precision tooling
- High precision hardware installation
- B.S. or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Proficiency in ASME Y14.5 GD&T
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.