Lead Integration Engineer at Virgin Hyperloop One
- VHO needs a talented and relatively experienced integration engineer to help manage physical system integration.
- This role will manage the day to day aspects of the vehicle integration activities. This person will interact with any all hardware REs to manage clash/physical integration.
- Big picture, this role is responsible for delivering a clash-free vehicle, mediating and negotiating conflicts, and delivering an integrated package for the vehicle which can be assembled without issue.
- This person will work to define and control the interfaces that exist on complex physical assemblies. Everything from documenting bolt patterns, signing off GD&T, creating keep-out zones, creating designs from scratch, and understanding structural design and load paths will be needed.
- Owning clash reports and the engineering BOM from day one and getting some plans in place to align everyone on the issues going forward are expected functions of the position.
- Responsible for managing vehicle mass, inertia, release and non-released components of the vehicle, architecture-specific, BOM.
- Physical 3D CAD space integration activities with the full vehicle are part of this positions scope.
- This position requires flexibility and possible assumption of ownership of systems with little to no definition to further progress the vehicle as a whole.
- Outgoing, get the “job done” mentality. They need to be comfortable talking with peers, leadership, and standing up for getting what they need to be successful.
- This roll needs a strong collaborator, skilled technically, and can manage large amounts of information/data effectively.
- This individual ideally will have experience in similar startup EV or startup spaceflight backgrounds. That environment and this role go hand in hand.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Multiple years in an automotive, aerospace, or startup environment
- Demonstrated experience managing complex physical assemblies in 3D CAD environment
- Experience creating and managing an ask list across a complex system with multiple people committing to deadlines.
- Able to fly through CAD on at least one major platform (Catia, Nx, Solidworks, Creo, etc.)
- Experience with Nx is preferred (Catia, Solidworks ok, if no experience in Nx ideally then experience going between at least two different major CAD software packages)
- Experience explicitly managing a complex physical assembly in 3D and 2D print generation with GD&T
- Ability to route harnessing/plumbing in 3D CAD (preferred experience in Nx, but any CAD package like Catia/Solidworks/ProE and experience routing harnesses counts)
- This role is no project management explicitly, but someone that has that background or is aware of general people-management is desirable.
- Experience of managing a vehicle from start to finish on physical integration is a bonus. This vehicle (or system) can be anything from a small FSAE race-car to a complex space-flight vehicle.
Experience with composite and traditional structural engineering a bonus
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.