Lead Integration Engineer at Virgin Hyperloop
To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
As a talented and experienced Integration Engineer, you will help manage physical system integration at Virgin Hyperloop. You will manage the day to day aspects of the vehicle integration activities. This person will interact with any all hardware REs to manage clash/physical integration. Big picture, you will be responsible for delivering a clash-free vehicle, mediating and negotiating conflicts, and delivering an integrated package for the vehicle which can be assembled without issue.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Define and control the interfaces that exist on complex physical assemblies - everything from documenting bolt patterns, signing off GD&T, creating keep-out zones, creating designs from scratch, and understanding structural design and load paths will be needed
- Owning clash reports and the engineering BOM from day one and getting some plans in place to align everyone on the issues going forward are expected functions of the position
- Responsible for managing vehicle mass, inertia, release and non-released components of the vehicle, architecture-specific, BOM
- Physical 3D CAD space integration activities with the full vehicle are part of this positions scope
- Ownership of systems with little to no definition to further progress the vehicle as a whole
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- Bachelor's in Engineering or another related field or equivalent work experience
- Multiple years in an automotive, aerospace, or startup environment
- Demonstrated experience managing complex physical assemblies in 3D CAD environment
- Experience creating and managing an ask list across a complex system with multiple people committing to deadlines.
- Able to fly through CAD on at least one major platform (Catia, Nx, Solidworks, Creo, etc.)
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Nx is preferred (Catia, Solidworks ok, if no experience in Nx ideally then experience going between at least two different major CAD software packages)
- Experience explicitly managing a complex physical assembly in 3D and 2D print generation with GD&T
- Ability to route harnessing/plumbing in 3D CAD (preferred experience in Nx, but any CAD package like Catia/Solidworks/ProE and experience routing harnesses counts)
- This role is no project management explicitly, but someone that has that background or is aware of general people-management is desirable.
- Experience of managing a vehicle from start to finish on physical integration is a bonus. This vehicle (or system) can be anything from a small FSAE race-car to a complex space-flight vehicle.
- Experience with composite and traditional structural engineering a bonus
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave