Boulevard is transforming business management for premium beauty service brands through their proprietary platform-as-a-service.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, Boulevard is the only management tool built specifically for appointment-based businesses that delivers ease of use with style and sophistication.
Founded in 2016 and based in Los Angeles, Boulevard is carefully designed to automate workflows and drive revenue while allowing brands to offer a personalized experience that keeps clients coming back.
We are looking for a seasoned engineering leader to join our Design Platform team. The Design Platform team creates the tools and systems that serve as the foundation for our design and engineering teams.
At Boulevard, we believe in design systems. We know that the best way to create excellent software experiences is through high-quality, component based design and development.
The Design Platform team bridges the gap between design and code, and we need a leader who does the same.
- Build, lead and serve a unique team of engineers and designers
- Create high-quality components & usage guidelines
- Work with Design, Product Managers, and Engineering peers to prioritize a design system roadmap, guaranteeing that all projects are well defined and aligned with the company roadmap
- Work with your team and external stakeholders to establish timely delivery of technical solutions
- Advocate and implement engineering best-practices
- Continually test, measure, and iterate on the results of your work in the spirit of continuous improvement
- Define how Boulevard builds user interfaces and ensure that we’re utilizing and keeping up with modern web standards
- Develop technical documentation, guiding engineers on how to effectively use our internal design system
- Communicate and align with stakeholders, keeping other teams informed of the team's goals and progress
- Work with design leadership to create and evolve processes & frameworks that guarantee high quality software experiences
- 7 years of experience as an engineer, focused on design related projects
- Experience developing and growing a multidisciplinary engineering team focused on design implementation
- Record of building and maintaining component libraries / design systems at software companies
- A deep understanding of how to scale a design system across multiple platforms, technologies and systems
- Led complex engineering efforts, and know what it takes to deliver while still having a healthy team
- A strong understanding of UX and UI design standards
- Strong product design sense that allows you to fluidly move from high-level strategic conversation to nitty gritty details
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive.
As a venture-backed startup based in Los Angeles, we are innovating at the intersection of luxury and lifestyle. We are thoughtfully unapologetic about challenging the status quo in pursuit to help people become the best version of themselves. We use technology, design, and style to unleash the untapped potential in all of us, drive real results, and we're just getting started!
Come do the best work of your life here at Boulevard.
Read Full Job Description