Lead Embedded Architect
Ultimately, we will design reliable, scalable, real-time (or near-real-time) applications that make Virgin Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
The Embedded Software Group is a dedicated team of skilled engineers who focus on the electronics, controllers, gateway devices, and sensors in the revolutionary vehicles and infrastructure of Virgin Hyperloop One
The Lead Embedded Architect will oversee the embedded hardware and software architecture across VHO's many ECUs, distributed sensors, and infrastructure controllers. Ensuring that challenges are met across the organization to meet business, safety, and regulatory requirements for the vehicle and wayside equipment we produce. Safety-critical, high-reliability and unusual environments complicate this job, and we are looking for a candidate with a breadth of experience, and skills to both integrate best in class solutions, engage hardware vendors, and do blank sheet designs for in-house designs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed. Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent level required.
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience, including 1+ years in a leadership role.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing and deploying applications within a regulated environment.
- Experience delivering mission-critical, safety-critical, or SIL rated products
- Experience in software development under a strongly regulated development process.
- Experience going through the full software cycle of requirements, design, coding/testing best practices and continuous integration in delivering world-class software and services.
- Strong programming development skills related to code design HDL, OOP, etc.
- Familiarity with hardware and software partitioning.
- 2+ year of real-time control experience with distributed real-time control systems.
- PhD or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience in rapid prototyping transportation environment.
- Experience with formal software or computer engineering methods.
- 2+ years of ADAS/Autonomous systems experience (Autonomous Driving and/or Robotics).
- 2+ years of power electronics experience.
- Experience with autonomous or fly-by-wire systems and algorithms.
- Implementation of computer and sensor architectures and interfaces.
- Use of tool sets for acquisition, data processing, and visualization of large-scale data sets.
- Experience with Design Failure Mode Effects and Analysis (DFMEA).
- Experience with generating structured arguments and design artifacts for 3rd party review.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.