Lead Development Engineer
The Test Data and Software group is responsible for collecting, organizing, and distributing accurate data to aid in testing and validating Hyperloop components and systems.
The Lead Test Data and Software Engineer will:
- Provide technical leadership and manage team resources and priorities.
- Develop and manage the Test Data and Software group’s operating and project budget requirements
- Manage, maintain and report on the Test Data and Software Team’s project queue
- Mentor junior engineers on “best practices” though code reviews
- Introduce and support continuous improvement initiatives
- Setup common network topologies and interface with the Hyperloop-one IT department to ensure support for distributed systems
- Oversee the architecture and maintenance of the full data pipeline for testing data
- Oversee the data collection process to ensure full traceability to test configuration, calibration data, and test plans
- Oversee the implementation and adherence to asset management and calibration practices
- Ensure that safety is a key consideration during development of new programs and processe
- Maintain familiarity with the changing technological landscape and seek to implement new technologies
The candidate for this role must possess good communication and organizational skills. They must have experience managing high-performance teams, and have the technical background to be fluent in industry testing methods, instrumentation, data acquisition, and data storage and retrieval.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent discipline.
- Proficient with NI LabVIEW (OOP, RT, and FPGA)
- Experience with National Instruments hardware (PC-based DAQ, NI CompactRIO, PXI)
- Proficient with object oriented programming concepts and techniques
- Experience with revision/version control systems such as GIT or SVN
- Experience with scripting and/or text-based languages (Python, C++, etc)
- Experience with maintaining, developing and interacting with InfluxDB, MySQL or similar databases
- Experience with systems integration, examples include PLC-, LabVIEW-, and CANopen-based systems.
- Experience with architecting highly distributed systems
- Experience with asset calibration programs and procedures
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent discipline.
- Certification in National Instruments LabVIEW, CLD or better
- Knowledge of networking and distributed systems issues
- Experience with DDS or other distributed communication middleware
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.