Altruist is an LA fintech company on a mission to make financial advice fair for everyone. We’re hiring a talented backend end developer with a passion for startup culture. If you have a background in fintech with an understanding of the complexities around security, high availability, and accuracy of building systems, we’re especially excited to hear from you.
Our team is solving a huge problem that requires big-picture thinkers who are motivated to make a real difference through their work.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager, lead engineers, product and business teams
- Analyze and solve complex problems spanning multiple user personas and workflows
- Focus on building and scaling systems
- Integrate data from multiple custodians, aggregating, modeling financial data, and loading the data into a transactional system
- Work on complex calculations to produce performance reporting in a consistent and accurate manner
- 10+ of building scalable RESTful back end services using Java and Spring Boot framework
- Implemented microservices architecture for backend services for delivering highly distributed and resilient architecture
- Implement and believe in automated testing like unit/integration test
- Experience using Swagger for API documentation, SonarQube for code quality
- Strong grasp over database technologies using SQL and NoSQL databases like Postgres, MySQL, HBase/Cassandra, Redis
- Strong understanding of caching technologies like CDN, Redis, Memcache.
- Working knowledge of Docker/Container technologies like Kubernetes or ECS
- Experience building cloud infrastructure on cloud technologies like AWS
- Familiarity with ELK stack to ensure we have consistent logging, monitoring and alerting built for the services
- Practiced Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Experience working with huge data set and be able to consumer/aggregate and summarizing results will be a huge advantage
- Strong domain knowledge of brokerage platforms and financial services
At Altruist, you’ll work with a talented group of hungry creators looking to disrupt our industry. You’ll be given the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth developers, designers, and thinkers who are at the leading edge of their discipline.
We offer top-of-the-line health benefits, 401(k), a competitive salary, and a flexible schedule including unlimited vacation time. You’ll join on the ground floor and have the opportunity to make your mark and have a real say in how we build products. Our office is located in the heart of Venice on Abbot Kinney.
You’ll join a proven founding team that is backed by one of the most storied VCs in the US: Venrock. Together, we’re going to try to fix the broken parts of finance and investing.