Altruist is an LA fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better for everyone. We’re looking to add a Lead Back End Engineer to help us lay the foundation of our core product. If you're passionate about building meaningful products that people love to use, then you’ll love what we’re up to.
Our team is solving a huge problem that requires big-picture thinkers who are motivated to make a real difference through their work.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager, lead engineers, and product and business team
- Build and architect backend systems in accordance with product, design, and business requirements
- Present technical designs with a clear breakdown of tasks
- Diagram and document systems in an organized and detailed manner
- Lead with engineering best practices and make decisions based on definable metrics
- Mentor fellow developers and promote a culture of collaboration and accountability
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and integrity
- Direct experience building software or architecting solutions in the Financial Services Industry
- 10+ years of building scalable RESTful back end services using Java and Spring Boot framework
- Implemented microservices architecture for backend services for delivering highly distributed and resilient architecture
- Implement and believe in automated testing like unit/integration test
- Experience using Swagger for API documentation, SonarQube for code quality
- Strong grasp over database technologies using SQL and NoSQL databases like Postgres, MySQL, HBase/Cassandra, Redis
- Strong understanding of caching technologies like CDN, Redis, Memcache etc.
- Working knowledge of Docker/Container technologies like Kubernetes or ECS
- Experience building cloud infrastructure on cloud technologies like AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Familiarity with ELK stack to ensure we have consistent logging, monitoring and alerting built for the services
- Experience working with huge data set and be able to consumer/aggregate and summarizing results will be a huge advantage
At Altruist, you’ll work with a talented group of hungry creators looking to disrupt our industry. You’ll be given the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth developers, designers, and thinkers who are at the leading edge of their discipline.
We offer top-of-the-line health benefits, 401(k), a competitive salary, and a flexible schedule including unlimited vacation time. You’ll join on the ground floor and have the opportunity to make your mark and have a real say in how we build products. Our office is located in the heart of Venice on Abbot Kinney.
You’ll join a proven founding team that is backed by one of the most storied VCs in the US: Venrock. Together, we’re going to fix the broken parts of finance and investing.