Junior Software Developer at Dubsado (Greater LA Area, CA)
At Dubsado, our mission is to empower entrepreneurs, freelancers, and small businesses by providing ever-evolving software and putting the customer first in all we do. You’ll be joining a self-funded company that values world-class customer service and education as much as we value designing and developing quality software.
Dubsado is a business management platform with a suite of tools designed to help business owners manage their projects and clients all in one place. From contracts and invoicing to scheduling and automated workflows, Dubsado is on a mission to be the go-to all-in-one solution for managing small businesses in creative industries and beyond.
Our customer obsession drives us to anticipate our users’ needs and exceed their expectations. The development team supports this mission by writing performant and maintainable code with an agile approach. We value simplicity, efficiency, reliability, and scalability so that we can create strong foundations for our ever-evolving software while enabling all of our developers to collaborate effectively.
About the Role:
We are seeking a motivated and ambitious Junior Developer to assist in the production and development of a number of user facing client-side features as well as assisting in the process of building internal CMS tools to create more clarity around how internal tools and processes are developed. This role will report to a senior developer and assist in any matters at hand. This person must be hard working and willing to accept responsibility for the overarching feature they are working on.
- Assisting their lead with all aspects of software design and coding.
- Attending and contributing to company development meetings.
- Learning the codebase and improving your coding skills.
- Writing and maintaining code.
- Working on bug fixes.
- Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems.
- Responding to requests from the development team.
- Gathering information from consumers about program functionality.
- Writing reports.
- Conducting development tests.
- Basic programming experience with an emphasis on functional design and test driven development
- Knowledge of databases and operating systems.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a team environment.
What to Expect
We have an application process that we follow. After submitting the application along with your resume and references, our hiring team gets to work! They review applications based on a rubric made specifically for this role. If you do not meet the requirements of the position, our team will email you letting you know. If you do meet the requirements, someone from the team will reach out and schedule an introduction call. During that call you will receive more information on how the interview process for that role will progress, as each role’s process can vary.
Applying for a new job is a big step! We are honored that you are interested in joining our incredible team. That being said, we work hard to keep you informed and not left hanging through any point of the hiring process. Either way, we will reach out to you. If you have questions, we are always here to help!