Fuel Cycle is currently seeking a Java Developer to join their rapidly growing engineering team. As a Java Developer you will be reporting to our Director of Engineering and working alongside a team of full stack developers. In this role you will predominantly be focusing on delivering quality backend code, while using your knowledge of frontend development to support our Frontend developers. This role is ideal for someone that enjoys working with a small team in a highly collaborative full-stack environment. If you’re comfortable working with API’s, integrations and external software partners, have a passion for solving technical issues and able to learn quickly then we’d love to speak with you!
FUEL CYCLE’s best-in-class SaaS-based online community platform tells clients exactly what they need to know about their customers across the customer lifecycle. With this information at their fingertips, clients are empowered to make decisions that increase both revenues and long-term customer loyalty.
Fuel Cycle is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with a satellite office in a WeWork space in New York. We provide excellent benefits such as health, vision, and dental. We also offer supplemental benefits such as AD&D, life insurance, 401k and much more.
- Write quality backend code primarily in Java, Spring and Hibernate
- Partner with various departments for specifications, use cases, iterations, testing, training and client feedback implementation
- Research, compare, experiment with and integrate new services and frameworks
- Share your experience with your colleagues, review code, help improve others
- 2+ years’ experience as a Java Developer
- Bachelor's degree is a plus, but not required
- Strong proficiency with Java, J2EE, SpringMVC, and Hibernate
- Experience with relational database and data structure design: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle
- Strong proficiency with API (REST, SOAP) integration
- Experience with AWS: EC2, S3, SQS, SNS, SES
- Knowledge of Big Data and Social Community industries
- Proven experience working in complex technology environments
- Strong debugging skills
- Team player with demonstrated communication skills
- Strong intellectual capacity coupled with constant curiosity