iOS/Software Engineer - MyPlate at Leaf Group
MyPlate is one of the top apps in the health and fitness space with over 500,000 monthly users and over 12 million downloads to date. We are looking for an iOS Engineer to join our MyPlate engineering team at our Santa Monica office. Come see what it’s like to take on projects that have a direct impact on the daily lives of our users. Our iOS Software Engineer will be responsible for building, extending, and maintaining our native iOS app. If making a difference in the world and contributing to fascinating technologies in a start-up like environment intrigues you, then you’ll enjoy working with us.
You’ll Report To: Manager, Software Engineering
What You'll Be Doing:
- Working with the MyPlate engineering team and product management team to conceptualize, build, test, and release apps.
- Working alongside platform service developers to ensure API functionality within our apps.
- Working directly with developers and product managers throughout the entire application life-cycle from concept, design, development, testing, and release.
- Building prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects.
- Keeping up to date on the latest industry trends in mobile technology.
What You Should Have:
- 4+ years of iOS application development experience.
- Proficiency in Swift.
- Experience with Foundation and UIKit.
- Experience building complex apps that have been successfully released to the AppStore.
- Passion to deliver exceptional code quality while being able to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment where business priorities can change quickly.
- A knack for communicating complex technical issues in clear language. Verbal and written.
- Commitment to be a team player. Able to work independently and alongside other engineers.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats--no job being too small or too large.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
- Familiarity with Objective-C and/or CoreData.
- Knowledge software architecture, object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and/or complexity analysis.
- Experience with Git.
- Eagerness to learn and share your knowledge.
You'll be successful if you are a results-oriented, hardworking, ambitious, and self-starting.
Who We Are:
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of art, design and technology. We want people with an intense curiosity, a commitment to high quality service, who embrace the fun of the journey. Come help us disrupt and transform the digital media and art world!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers within the department or within one of our operating businesses. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.