iOS Engineer at Clutter
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including Softbank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 750+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we've focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for an iOS Engineer to join our rapidly-growing team of engineers. This individual will join the team in working on a key piece of software that is essential for the efficiency of our logistics operations & inventory management. The codebase is written entirely in Swift using modern design patterns, the latest in UIKit. We make extensive use of Location Services including CoreLocation, Geo-fencing, and Core Motion to power real time tracking and analytics. We're also using multipeer connectivity to communicate between our iOS devices in close proximity while maintaining eventual consistency of our data in both online and offline modes.
What you'll do:
- Drive iOS projects to completion, with a tenacious focus on the business impact of those projects.
- Execute new ideas quickly and effectively on iOS making major contributions to the product including new features, refactoring, and bug fixes.
- Work collaboratively with Product Managers and Designers to iterate on and define product scope and design.
What we're looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience with Swift and/or Objective-C.
- Experience with test driven development, writing unit tests with XCTest, UI Tests, and ability to work with Restful APIs and 3rd party services.
- Experience with different mobile architectures including MVP or MVVM.
- Experience on team using scrum, agile or XP.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience implementing offline/online systems with eventual consistency is a plus.
- Experience using CoreLocation, GeoFencing or Real time tracking in apps is a plus.
- Working on persistence with Core data or Realm is a plus.
- Active participation in open source projects is a plus.
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.