Come play a key role in building the next generation of the Grindr app! Working on our iOS team, you’ll have the opportunity to solve challenging problems, work with the latest technologies, collaborate with a kind and capable team, and contribute to a one-of-a-kind app. The Grindr team continues to innovate as the largest social media app in its category, with over 4M daily active users and 10M monthly active users.
Location: West Hollywood, CA or remote from the U.S. or Canada
In this role, you will collaborate closely with the VP of Mobile Engineering, the iOS team, Product Managers, and our QA team to build and maintain a fast, reliable, app. We deeply value ownership, empowerment, proactivity, data-driven decisions, and user focus. You’ll be an important voice in our product & software architecture decisions.
- Using Swift, XCode, and CocoaPods, you will be evolving and maintaining the software architecture for current and future needs in order to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products, while supporting the product roadmap
- Designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, and enhancing elegant mobile solutions
- Working collaboratively with a brilliant cross-functional team to make Grindr the best app it can be for its users
- Working directly with quality engineers to identify test cases and devise efficient, scalable testing processes to allow us to run weekly releases
- Collaborating effectively across our engineering teams in the US, Canada, and Taiwan
- You have a B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- You have 2-3 years experience building iOS applications, primarily in Swift
- You have experience with large iOS codebases and complex, high-performance apps
- Strong practical knowledge of software engineering best practices and design patterns such as MVVM
- You have experience with iOS app performance optimization & metrics
- You’re a strong problem solver and fast learner
- You’re compassionate, collaborative, and deeply care for the people around you
- You’re passionate about top quality code and using the latest best practices
- You’re mission driven
- You build software with your users and their needs top of mind
- You enjoy shipping products, measuring value to users, and iterating
- Plus: You have experience working with international teams and/or speak Mandarin
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- BLOOP - (In App) Each week we serve up freshly-juiced content highlighting user experiences, dating advice, grooming tips, queer pop culture & more.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% vision, dental, & medical premium coverage
- Generous Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Competitive Salaries
- 401k Match
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
- Office Daily Catered Lunch (when not working from home)
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer