The Factory Development team is an organization charged with developing Relativity’s 3d printing technologies and the production of our rockets. This role is critical in supporting the day-to-day builds and development processes when it comes to building out the Factory of the Future.
The primary mission for this role is to build Relativity’s Terran family of rockets, including our first flight article. On a day to day, you will be responsible for performing the mechanical builds of both our printers as well as our rocket sub-assemblies--working side by side with Engineering to provide feedback on what works and doesn’t work. Your work will be crucial in supporting iterations of our hardware and various processes. You will also assist in building out the factory floor.
An ideal candidate is a highly skilled technician with strong mechanical aptitude who has worked at companies with complex products/builds. You are someone that is an outstanding communicator and can collaborate with other technicians and engineers. Many of our designs are novel—you should have a level of comfort around building but also around providing our technical teams feedback.
We are also looking for someone who will bring an outstanding attitude to the team and be able to work well with rapidly changing hardware and requirements. You should also be open to some travel for this role, up to 25%, since you may be following our hardware to both our test and launch facilities.
There may also be work shifts at night or over the weekend—we ask you to have some flexibility in shifts.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- 5 years of experience in a hands-on technical role
- Experience troubleshooting complex mechanical systems
- Basic knowledge of instrumentation and wiring
- Ability to lift up to 30-pound spools of wire, boxes, tools, etc.
- Ability to work varying shifts such as night shifts
- Knowledge of basic safety training or OSHA standards
- Up to 25% travel to our related sites
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- A&P license or other technical licenses/trainings
- Experience working on aircraft of spacecraft in situations where human life was dependent on mission success
- Experience with 3d metal printing
- Experience welding
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.