ABOUT WELL HEALTH
Our Mission: Make healthcare the gold standard in customer service.
What We Deliver: WELL™ Health is a SaaS digital health leader in patient communications and the 2021 Best in KLAS winner in Patient Outreach. WELL Health’s intelligent communications hub is the only two-way digital health solution engaging patients throughout their entire care experience. WELL Health enables conversations between patients and their providers through secure, multilingual messaging in the patient’s preferred communications channel: texting, email, telephone, and live chat. By unifying and automating disjointed communications, WELL Health helps healthcare organizations drive more patient visits, build exceptional patient loyalty, and reduce staffing costs, frustration and turnover.
Our Impact: WELL Health helps 200k+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 30+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, WELL Health was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers and was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In LA. Additionally, WELL Health is proud to recently be named #484 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies. In 2020, WELL Health was named among the Best Places to Work by Modern Healthcare.
Behind the scenes, health systems have hundreds (and sometimes thousands) of different systems that must communicate with one another. At WELL Health, we connect with the systems in the hospital that need to communicate to patients; the team responsible for doing so is our Integration team.
WELL Health is looking for a talented Integration Engineer to join the team. You will work directly alongside a team of integration and platform engineers under the direction of our Director of Integrations. We are looking for an engineer that enjoys a balance of deep technical work and working with clients, all while keeping a focus on improving the patient experience. Our team is passionate about reducing technical debt, optimizing our deployment processes, and ensuring our customers have a great experience with our technical teams.
As a member of this team you will:
- Scope and deploy new integrations with clients
- Support and maintain existing client integrations
- Identify and eliminate technical debt in the system
- Improve and create process that allows the team to operate more effectively
- Leverage our integration engine and cloud platform to investigate, diagnose, and solve customer integration issues.
- Assist in monitoring the health of the integration platform, proactively working to remediate problems which will impact system performance, message delivery, or availability.
- Effectively communicate technical issues with clients in non-technical language.
- Develop solutions to integrations bugs.
- Work with Account Managers and Client Support to ensure all customer integrations are stable.
- Bring Mid-Market and Enterprise client integrations live. Includes scoping, developing, testing, and deploying integrations to our clients.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, computer science, math, or a related field (Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree)
- 1+ years of experience in a healthcare integration engineering role
- 1+ years of experience in a client-facing technical role
- Strong software engineering skills and knowledge of software engineering best practices
- Experience with the Mirth Integration Engine
- Experience with HL7v2 and FHIR
- SQL experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and logical reasoning skills
- A passion for managing data and connecting systems
- Experience with AWS, particularly Lambda Functions, API Gateway, and SQS
WORKING AT WELL
- Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Employee equity groups – 11 groups available for all to join. Black & Latinx, Women, LGBTQ+, Disability, and many more!
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks – dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, Kombucha and beer on tap, light-filled space, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- Company perks and benefits – MacBook Pro provided, unlimited PTO, generous equity package and full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision).
Interested in learning more? Please visit our LinkedIn page or our Life at WELL Instagram (@wellhealthinc). To hear firsthand what it’s like to work at WELL Health, please view this team video.
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
WELL Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL Health are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. WELL Health is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage you to apply for positions even if you do not meet 100% of the criteria. We would love to connect with you and see if you would be a great fit for our role!
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL Health is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL Health will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.