Integration and Test Engineer at The Aerospace Corporation (El Segundo, CA)
The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
The Aerospace Corporation's Experiment Lab, xLab, develops prototypes, instruments, pathfinders, and demonstration systems to address our customers' hardest problems at the speed of need. We engage with our customers to conceptualize innovative solutions and deliver impactful products for ground and space and everything in between. We are looking for engineers with a passion for design, a commitment to teamwork and a desire to help xLab make a difference to today's challenges.
This role is for an integration and test engineer for space flight instruments and small satellites. You will work with other engineers to develop and implement test procedures for electrical and mechanical assemblies and hardware.
This is a full-time position based in El Segundo, CA, offering a hybrid work model that combines regular onsite work and remote flexibility as the business needs allow.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work with a team of engineers through the prototype development lifecycle, focusing on integration, validation, and verification
- Work with cross-functional teams on requirements verification and validation for complex hardware projects
- Plan and lead environmental testing and verification, including thermal cycling, thermal vacuum, vibration testing and EMI for spaceflight systems
- Assist with developing and leading integration activities and testing at offsite locations
- Assist with developing and executing hardware testing plans and procedures
- Identify and validate test support tools and equipment and apply automation as needed
- Act as interface for testing activities with customers
What You Need to be Successful
Senior Member Technical Staff
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Physics or equivalent is required
- 5 years of experience in integration or test of mechanical and electrical hardware systems is required
- Experience resolving issues in testing, including troubleshooting complex test setups
- Experience with subsystem level verification and validation, integration and test, ground systems, and spacecraft subsystems and instruments
- Ability to complete assignments with limited direction and deal with multiple tasks and priorities successfully
- Willing to travel as necessary for integration and test of hardware.
- Willingness to occasionally travel for integration and test of hardware to support customer needs, approximately 10% (as required)
- This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
Same requirements as a Senior Member Technical Staff noted above, in addition to:
- 8 years of experience in integration and test of mechanical and electrical systems is required
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Advance degree in a STEM field or equivalent is preferred
- Experience in spaceflight integration and test environment is strongly desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of industry practices and standards related to spaceflight integration and test
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. The grade-based pay range for this job is listed below. Individual salaries within that range are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge and skills.
(Min - Mid - Max)
$70,000 - $105,000 - $185,000
Pay Basis: Annual
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.