Inside Plant (ISP) Engineer I at Spectrum (Greater LA Area, CA)
Assist ISP personnel with troubleshooting, support and maintenance of network elements and connections required to support Charter's revenue generating networks. Work to provide enterprise-wide tiered support on converged distribution and access network elements and connections as needed. May provide support for moderate services and other products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the delivery of high quality off-air, satellite, microwave, and digital transport programming up to the outside plant (point of demarcation from ISP facilities) utilizing, maintaining and installing a variety of optical and electrical interfaces including but not limited to coaxial cable, microwave, fiber optic transmission, CAT 6 to name a few typical technologies. This includes the installation, construction, operation and break-fix remediation, with root cause analysis of all equipment associated with the Headend (HE), Hubs.
- Transact HE and facility Technical Quality Assurance (TQA) inspections; Ensure all cabling, equipment installation, power and cooling is in compliance with corporate TQA standards. Implement approved methods of procedure.
- Troubleshoot communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols.
- Setup and operate legacy headend equipment including but not limited to signal processors, modulators, demodulators, IRD's and IRT's
- Responsible to analog and digital channel level measurement and quality testing along with periodically testing of equipment and quality of signal throughout the network.
- Install, maintain, and perform testing and required documentation of emergency alert systems.
- Implement and properly document with guidance all required Charter Engineering and FCC mandated PoP testing.
- Maintain required logs, records and other documentation in compliance with company and FCC (Federal Communications Commission) technical requirements.
- Support and maintain protocol compatibility standards, develops and implements network enhancements.
- Work on projects / systems / issues of moderate to medium complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Work on one or more projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project team lead.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Execute network problem resolution and all required HE Proof of Performance Tests as needed. Also perform all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly testing and logging as outlined by ISP Playbook.
- Preforms other duties requested by manager
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum four (4) years Headend Technician or electronics / network implementation experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License and safe driving record
- Must be able to work the following schedule: Monday through Friday from 2:00PM - 11:00PM
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Valid Certifications from the Society of Cable Telecommunication Engineers (SCTE) BTS (Broadband Transport Specialist) & BDS (Broadband Distribution Specialist).
- Advanced knowledge of RF and IP technologies, HFC design, as well as optical test equipment (such as OTDR, Optical Spectrum Analyzer, Fiber Light Identifier, Optical Fiber Scope and Optical Power Meter).
- Fundamental knowledge of Video Networking, IP and DOCSIS.
- Expertise to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires and to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting as well as work with small components and wires to make cable connections.
- Capability to safely use weight-bearing equipment (such as ladders) within the maximum limitations of that equipment).
- Competency to accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices and to read general system layouts from blue prints and system maps.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work in a 24x7, fast paced environment; work indoors in confined space, poorly ventilated areas.
- Proficiency to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment, including ladders and fully loaded tool belts
- Capable to perform duties from high places (roofs); ability to work while standing 50-70% of the time; work and travel in inclement weather; work performed near power facilities and electricity.
EIP320-ISP 2023-21933 2023
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
A qualified applicant's criminal history, if any, will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.
The pay for this position has a salary range of
$73,200.00 to $140,600.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.
Get to Know Us Charter Communications is known in the United States by our Spectrum brands, including: Spectrum Internet®, TV, Mobile and Voice, Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach. When you join us, you're joining a strong community of more than 101,000 individuals working together to serve more than 32 million customers in 41 states and keep them connected to what matters most.
Who You Are Matters Here We're committed to growing a workforce that reflects our communities, and providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement. EOE, including disability/vets.