Infrastructure Engineer (Remote) at NBCUniversal
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The Infrastructure Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the application infrastructure environment and ensuring Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) compliance. The Infrastructure Manager also simplifies the customer experience for the application team by functioning as a single point of contact for the various NBCU and MSP teams. This position understands the various application workflows and will help translate business needs into specific infrastructure services.
- Collaborate with the NBCU IT & Application teams to assess the requirements and design technical solutions for managing applications hosted on 750+ servers spanning on-premises and cloud platforms.
- Maintain critical/revenue-generating applications/services hosted in a microservices architecture.
- Manage relationships and actively work with NBCU Infrastructure and MSP teams to handle daily operational tasks.
- Represent business and solve operational issues by working with the NBCU Infrastructure and MSP teams.
- Work with Incident and change management teams to streamline operational processes.
- Application onboarding by working with project leads, infrastructure, and application teams.
- Proactively analyze the NBCU environment to identify capacity needs and work with NBCU infrastructure teams to right size existing environments per guidance from NBCU Infrastructure teams.
- Ensure successful migrations of existing and integrations of new businesses and applications using capacity management methodologies to analyze current capacity vs. excepted growth.
- Design and coordination of performance testing to successfully ensure application deployments.
- Manage Change (RFC) process for all application changes, including RFC submission, approvals, resource allocation, change coordination, risk analysis, change validation, and communication.
- Represent business on all NBCU service-related incidents for detailed RCAs.
- Manage and maintain a Disaster Recovery environment, including quarterly DR system validation and production failover management.
- Create and review the monthly change calendar of the business and NBCU IT teams.
- Lead the decommissioning process for all applications and infrastructure in all functional environments, including Production, Stage, and Disaster Recovery.
- Create review and audit load balancer requests for the Production, Stage, and Disaster Recovery systems.
- Create review and audit firewall requests for the Production, Stage, and Disaster Recovery systems.
- Create review and audit Domain Name System service requests for Production, Stage, and Disaster Recovery systems.
- Create, review, and audit DMZ account requests for the Production, Stage, and Disaster Recovery systems.
- Create, review, and audit AD group service requests for Production, Stage, and Disaster Recovery systems.
- Maintain up-to-date inventories for all application-related CI's.
- Manage PCI services for the business, including maintaining the quarterly/yearly PCI scoping document.
- Work with NBCU Cyber Security team to ensure all server infrastructure meets appropriate security standards.
- Facilitate internal and external application and infrastructure scans with the NBCU Cyber Security teams and manage required remediation efforts.
- Coordinating yearly PCI training course modules with NBCU learning, including completion tracking for the various NBCU IT teams.
- Work with the automation team to design, maintain and optimize server build processes, including vulnerability remediation and operations automation.
- Develop strategic migration plans for various technologies, including physical to virtual servers, Windows Server Operating system migrations, OEL migrations & other architecture initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent years of experience in lieu of degree
- 3+ years of experience of IT Support application infrastructure (Windows & Linux Administration)
- 3+ years of patch management (SCCM, WSUS, Spacewalk)
- Use of automation tools (Ansible, PowerShell Scripts, Bash- Shell)
- Working knowledge of PCI requirements
- Working knowledge of Active Directory
- Working understanding of Change management processes
- Understanding of Incident and Problem management processes
- Use of IT security and compliance platforms (Qualys, RedSeal, Tufin, and/or Nipper)
- Flexibility to work with varying hours, including overtime, nights, and weekends with minimal notice
- ITIL experience - Change coordination, Problem Management
- Automate IT workflows using Ansible, Power Shell, Jira, Confluence
- Project Management, Extensive Microsoft Excel reports, PowerPoint presentations
- Entertainment experience specifically e-commerce or digital applications
Remote Workers: This position has been designated as fully remote, meaning that the position is expected to contribute from a non-NBCUniversal worksite, most commonly an employee's residence.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $70,000 - $90,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].