You will lead, design, maintain and evolve the complete security program to protect Sure from external and internal threats. You are a hands on, collaborative, adaptive, detail oriented and forward looking leader and will build policies, standards and processes designed to allow for rapid growth in a secure environment.
This would be the first dedicated role for infosec purposes. Since you would be the first, the role will consists of 2 hats: A daily hands on InfoSec hat, and a high-level planning and strategic hat. Our philosophy is that you would be teaching us as much as you'd learn from us. By learning and inspiring others, you'll help cultivate an environment that makes us better at what we do each day.
What you'll be doing:
- Plan and execute an InfoSec roadmap, collaborating with stakeholders across teams, implementing and enforcing appropriate policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage InfoSec awareness and training programs for the entire Sure team.
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication and system security.
- Establish metrics to measure and continuously improve Sure's security posture.
- Lead the analysis of the intrusion prevention system (IPS) events and escalate as needed.
- Conduct system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments.
- Help conduct risk assessments and build risk mitigation plans.
- Work with engineers and contribute to all aspects systems and software designs.
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years in an InfoSec role in a financial or technology startup.
- Experience establishing programs to support PCI, HIPAA, CCPA and/or GDPR.
- Familiar with common security tools, security controls, and common security flaws.
- Demonstrated mastery of multiple security and control frameworks.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is preferred.
- Experience completing InfoSec audits working across teams.
- Experience translating strategic goals into actionable projects.
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written.
- Self-directed and self-motivated individuals comfortable working with diverse teams.
SURE is on a mission to improve every aspect of insurance by reinventing how people interact with insurance. Our e-commerce SaaS and CRM reinvents how people buy insurance, giving carriers and brokers a platform to reach out to customers and provide a hassle-free way to sell and manage insurance policies.
SURE revolutionized insurance in 2015 with the introduction of Episodic Insurance™, making it possible for anyone to purchase on-demand insurance with a smartphone. Today, SURE provides the tools that power global insurance companies and consumer brands to distribute and service any insurance policy digitally. This cohesive ecosystem of managed technology, insurance products, APIs, and Insurance-as-a-Service helps insurance companies and brands manage digital sales, launch new markets, and modernize their systems. Recently, SURE was selected as one of CNBC's Top 100 Startups. SURE has offices in Santa Monica, New York City, and Johannesburg, is licensed in all 50 states, and partners with more than 35 global insurance carriers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information, visit https://www.sureapp.com/. Follow @SureHQ on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Employment at SURE is contingent upon a satisfactory verification of a general and criminal background check. Upon an offer of employment, all prospective employees may be required to complete an employment application. Any background verifications will be obtained with written consent from the individual.