Human Landing System, Sr Project Engineer at The Aerospace Corporation
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
Provide unique technical expertise to inform project management, analyze and assess crew to hardware/software interfaces, system deep dives/data reviews and strategic planning to enable a streamlined process for NASA HLS provider certification and operational efforts. Understand provider planning based on being highly familiar with provider systems to guide targeted reviews and enable a successful development, build and operations strategy. Partner with providers and other subject matter experts to enable a clear strategy that aligns reviews and surveillance with high risk elements of the providers' design and process.
• May undertake systems-level architectural analyses, conceptual design of a new vehicle. May be required to investigate urgent technical problems or assemble a major briefing or report. As Aerospace representative in customer or contractor's environment, provides nondirective advice, accepts action items and may coordinate pertinent budgets, tasks, and priorities. In systems engineering assignments, generally leads/coordinates team comprised of diversely skilled engineers servicing a major portion of a large project or working across projects, and interfaces regularly with customer and contractor program management.
• Bachelor's degree in an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
• Exhibits exceptionally high level of innovation, creativeness, and initiative
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers
• Widely recognized internally and externally by peers, management, program office, Air Force, and contractors
• 12 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience, including multi-disciplinary systems engineering and/or program management environments
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.