Head of Quality
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
Anduril’s Hardware Operations organization is seeking a Head of Quality to join our team. The Hardware Operations organization is comprised of our Procurement, Shipping & Receiving, and Logistics teams and our collective goal is to work with Engineering, Finance, and Manufacturing to ensure the successful deployment of our revolutionary products from the time of material purchase through the time of product installation.
As Head of Quality, you will work across Anduril to ensure we produce quality products while retaining our ability to execute swiftly to support our client’s needs. You will work with Engineering and Manufacturing to continue to develop and implement our quality management system as well as enhance our quality management system to comply with industry standards. Additionally, you’ll be the primary customer-facing representative to help us understand our client’s needs, take those requirements back to our internal teams, and respond to the necessary customer inquiries about our practices.
The right person for this role has a track record of leading quality initiatives in a fast-paced environment. If you are someone who likes a hands-on role, is comfortable being a builder, and can work across organizations well, the Head of Quality opening is for you.
- Serve as both the strategic leader for all quality-related work across the company and a tactical doer to help us improve as we grow. Initially, position will be an individual contributor with potential future direct & in-kind people leadership.
- Scope and lead the process of evolving Anduril’s quality management system to meet and achieve certification via recognized industry standards (AS9100, ISO).
- Implement any required changes to our quality management system with the Engineering, Manufacturing, and Hardware Operations teams, working closely with our Supply Chain Manager, Business Software, and Hardware Engineers to improve operations.
- Work closely with our Business Systems team to ensure the implementation of our quality management system works flawlessly with our existing and future digital tools.
- Own all quality documentation and responses to our clients and prospective clients, helping our customers understand our processes, as well as learning what our customers expect of us to help improve Anduril over time.
- Build out the necessary benchmarks, track quality-related metrics, and establish KPIs to understand how our quality management system is impacting our product development and business.
- Support ad-hoc quality investigations and initiatives as they come up.
- Minimum 7+ years in a Quality leadership role within the manufacturing industry with a track record of establishing and maintaining quality systems, practices and policies.
- Demonstrated experience in Quality participation and oversight/management of product through both early-stage and late-stage development.
- Experience in consumer electronics, aerospace, or automotive industries establishing and maintaining all required certifications and upholding all relevant standards.
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally in an unstructured environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects from idea conception to idea execution without assistance.
- Moves fast, has a positive attitude and can lead people directly & via influence
- Bachelor of Science or higher degree in a technical discipline.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.