We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
Alongside our corporate partner, BCG Digital Ventures is launching a HealthTech startup focused on developing a multi-sided platform for epilepsy patients and health care providers to better manage the disease and shorten the time to optimal treatment. Epilepsy accounts for over $30B+ direct healthcare costs in the US annually. With funding already in place, this startup will disrupt this space by driving transparent, data-driven epilepsy care, with the vision of revamping epilepsy care management and delivery.
We are looking for an exceptional Head of Engineering to join the executive leadership team and align business and technology strategy to drive the success of this disruptive startup in the HealthTech space.
In this role you will:
- Set the technical vision and build the technical product roadmap from launch to scale; including defining long-term goals and strategies
- Define technical requirements and systems architecture with clarity on feasibility, time, cost, and impact
- Define best practices around coding methodologies, software development, and quality assurance
- Practice data driven engineering in technical decision making and day to day interactions in working with team
- Establish a high performing, one-team engineering culture emphasizing innovation, growth, and development
- Ensure all internal processes and external services comply with security and privacy regulations
- Define and implement a consistent and repeatable process for quality assurance across all areas of organization and product build
- Work closely with Product, Design and Business
- Identify opportunities and challenges in the marketplace, with constant evaluation of technological advancements and innovation to mitigate impediments and drive success
- Setup and maintain the QMS system under ISO 13485, FDA CFR part 820
- Spikes on Information Security - including understanding of building product with HIPAA, HITRUST regulations
You should have:
- 10+ years architecting & building products from pre-launch through maturity
- Experience in technologies such as Backend: Node, Postgres, AWS, ECS and Terraform / Frontend: TypeScript, React
- Experience in working on native application on iOS and Android
- Leadership experience of small - mid-sized teams (starting from 2-3 employees) and ability to energize team towards the tech vision
- Product mindset and ability to speak with product leadership frequently and comprehensively
- Experience scaling products, overseeing their build from MVP to scale
- Good understanding of application security and regulatory compliance (HITRUST CSF, HIPAA)
- Understanding of setting up QMS under ISO 13485 or FDA part 820
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills - including requirements analysis, debugging and risk assessment
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25% of time
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.