Head of DevOps at WELL Health
ABOUT WELL HEALTH
Our Mission: Make healthcare the gold standard in customer service.
What We Deliver: WELL™ Health is a SaaS digital health leader in patient communications and the 2021 Best in KLAS winner in Patient Outreach. WELL Health’s intelligent communications hub is the only two-way digital health solution engaging patients throughout their entire care experience. WELL Health enables conversations between patients and their providers through secure, multilingual messaging in the patient’s preferred communications channel: texting, email, telephone, and live chat. By unifying and automating disjointed communications, WELL Health helps healthcare organizations drive more patient visits, build exceptional patient loyalty, and reduce staffing costs, frustration and turnover.
Our Impact: WELL Health helps 200k+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 30+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, WELL Health was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers and was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In LA. Additionally, WELL is proud to recently be named #484 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies. In 2020, WELL Health was named among the Best Places to Work by Modern Healthcare.
WELL Health is looking for a talented, dynamic Head of DevOps to lead teams responsible for system infrastructure and security. This role reports directly to the CTO. This role includes managing the SRE team and the DevOps team, and will be responsible for supporting multiple teams with CI/CD solutions, deployment, and environment provisioning systems, as well as WELL Health's international expansion. You will also have a shared responsibility to ensure security as a principle is at the core of all processes.
You are a proven results-oriented leader with a delivery focus and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment. You are an expert on both security testing techniques and DevOps processes. You will work closely with development teams, risk analysts, and other teams related to security areas as necessary. You will take full responsibility for delivering projects within your own team, but also must be able to frequently collaborate with larger teams as necessary.
The WELL Health team enjoys our work as much as we enjoy working together and are looking for leaders who can get things done while having a positive influence on our workplace environment. You will have a passion for DevOps & Cloud Operations, deeply care about security, quality, technical standards, and are committed to continuous improvement. You have deep experience being a people coach and you are looking forward to growing the DevOps team at WELL Health. You will be working in a fast-paced and growing environment where your expertise and experience will play a critical role within the company.
- Uphold and ensure security requirements for tooling, systems, and environments are met and protect the assets of the company and our customers.
- Establish and maintain a CI/CD center of excellence. Must have experience and expertise building out CI/CD pipelines and related developer tooling.
- Scale the team. Recruit and lead DevOps and SRE teams that excel at applying industry best practices. Develop and nurture continuous improvement mindset across your group.
- Develop and support automated, scalable solutions to deploy and manage our infrastructure. Maintain and improve the use of automation tools for infrastructure provisioning, configuration, and deployment.
- Provide mentorship and expertise on system options, risk and impact management, as well as cost vs. benefit analysis.
- Author a dynamic training and skillset improvement plan.
- Implement and maintain security best practices, products, and services to the CI/CD pipelines and environments.
- On-going maintenance of CI/CD security applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years hands-on experience in a technical role (developer, engineer, infrastructure, etc.) in modern cloud environments, preferable in SaaS environments
- 5+ years leading multiple teams
- Excellent written communication, problem solving, and process leadership skills
- Familiarity with microservices architecture and design patterns. Ability to communicate security related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical team members
- Strong aptitude for collaboration and ability to lead and influence a team of leaders, as well as mentor engineers
- Experience in designing and driving the implementation of large-scale commercial enterprise-class software, using CI/CD principles and DevOps methodologies
- Knowledge and understanding of application security vulnerabilities (SANS, OWASP) and tools and frameworks such as DAST (Dynamic Application Security Testing), Wellarm FAST, and Burp Suite
- Must possess a high degree of integrity, be trustworthy, and have the ability to lead and inspire change
WELL Health is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA. For this role, we are open to candidates that are looking for a permanently remote role. #LI-Remote
WORKING AT WELL
- Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Employee equity groups – 11 groups available for all to join. Black & Latinx, Women, LGBTQ+, Disability, and many more!
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks – dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, Kombucha and beer on tap, light-filled space, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- Company perks and benefits – MacBook Pro provided, unlimited PTO, generous equity package and full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision).
Interested in learning more? Please visit our LinkedIn page or our Life at WELL Instagram (@wellhealthinc). To hear firsthand what it’s like to work at WELL Health, please view this team video.
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL Health are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL Health is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL Health will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Candidates should be aware that Well Health currently maintains a policy requiring all employees (Resident, Mobile and Remote) to be fully vaccinated. New employees should be fully vaccinated by their start date. Well Health is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.