Guidance, Navigation, and Controls (GN&C) Engineer at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space – starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it. This is why we are growing and looking for team members to join us that feel just as excited and driven to accomplish something that has not been done before, together.
We are seeking a highly talented GNC Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding technical contribution to the development of the Terran 1 vehicle guidance, navigation and control. A high degree of autonomy and leadership is required.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
To support our mission of changing people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown, you will develop guidance, navigation, and control solutions for the Terran 1 launch vehicle. You will work closely with a multidisciplinary vehicle engineering team to develop control and guidance solutions, assess the impact of designs on vehicle controllability and performance, work with the flight software team to implement control algorithms and navigation solutions into Terran 1, and make recommendations for changing vehicle configuration to meet controllability and performance goals. Additionally, you will support ground and flight tests.
In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and is able to lead their own projects into completion. Ideally, you are someone who has come from a fast paced, aerospace environment, having completed difficult projects while collaborating effectively with other key groups.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in engineering
- 3+ years of experience working on GNC solutions in aerospace
- Specialization in flight controls, navigation, or guidance for launch vehicles or satellites
- Ability to work in a fast paced and intense startup environment
- Ability to complete projects with ownership of end-to-end solutions with a high degree of independence.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Prior work in a technical leadership role for a launch vehicle or satellite development effort
- Experience developing flight code
- Prior work in a startup or agile development environment
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.