Go Software Engineer - Blockchain at Mythical Games (Greater LA Area, CA or Remote)
Mythical Games is a Venture-backed game technology company powering the next generation of players, games, and studios. Our goal is to launch exceptional video games that leverage distributed ledger tech while also providing a platform that will allow other game developers to do the same.
At Mythical Games, we are proud of our ‘People First’ culture. We believe that it takes great people and culture to make great products. By treating each other with empathy and respect, we’re able to live fulfilling lives outside of our jobs while also creating exceptional work.
Mythical’s Core Tech Engineering Team is perfecting a full-service system for developers and publishers to build or integrate blockchain-based play-to-earn economies into their games.
We are looking for a talented and driven Senior Software Engineer to join our growing engineering team. This role reports to our Core Tech Engineering Manager and is blockchain-focused. A successful candidate will have an interest and understanding of some of the following:
- Byte serialization for various specifications
- Designing, maintaining, and deploying smart contracts
- Focus on security and best practices for contract development
- Configuring and deploying nodes in a network
- Reliable state management
- Developing higher-level APIs on top of blockchain primitives
- Interoperability between back-end services and chain
- Staying current with the latest blockchain developments
- Primarily async backend systems to handle blockchain
- BS or greater, preferably in a science or engineering discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience with Solidity or EVM in production environments
- Experience with mentoring engineers and upskilling teams
- Production experience with a high-level programing language
- Experience with Gitflow, Docker, Kubernetes, and CI/CD (GitHub Actions)
- Self-driven: able to innovate, plan, & execute with autonomy
Nice to Haves:
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- Experience with Go, Kotlin, or Java
- Hands-on engineering experience and expertise with Ethereum, Polygon, or Uniswap
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and people across all gender to apply.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected] We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process.