Hi, We're Centerfield.
Centerfield is a cutting-edge digital marketing and sales technology company headquartered in the heart of Silicon Beach with additional offices in New York, Boston, Florida, and Jamaica. Our growing organization continues to impact the AdTech space by providing end-to-end customer acquisition services and analytics for our high-profile clients, while also successfully tailoring every step of the customer's shopping experience.
How do we do this? Centerfield develops intelligent Big Data driven marketing and sales technology which drives more than two million sales each year for brands such as AT&T, Sprint, ADT, Spectrum, and CenturyLink. Our technology platform, Dugout, combined with our leading consumer guides and 1500 person sales and retention center deliver new customers at scale to top residential services, business services, and telecommunications brands worldwide.
We’re always interested in expanding our team with top talent. Our creative work environment allows for innovative ideas and encourages a collaborative team culture... make sure to check out our perks below!
Centerfield is looking for a self-motivated, experienced senior full stack web developer. We're looking for well constructed and clean code that will be scalable and stable on a large site that receives fairly heavy SEO traffic. You will be the main developer supporting the website, working closely with the product team, building out new features and templates. The site is built on Falcon PHP framework (MVC), and is data heavy, utilizing various endpoints for each template. While you will be a part of the broader dev team, we are looking for someone who is highly experienced and is able to execute without a lot of hand holding as you will be the main developer for this specific website.
How You'll Contribute...
- PHP OOP - deep understanding of core principles
- MySQL - performing complex queries
- HTML and SCSS - responsive, mobile-first frontend
- JS (es6), custom vanilla JS, jQuery, some use of third-party libraries for various widgets such as interactive maps
- Connecting to and using data from an API (mostly server side) working with large data sets
- Optimizing pages for speed according to Google’s Light House guidelines
What We're Looking For...
- You have 5+ years of experience in developing productionized, medium to large-scale websites - provide links
- You foresee ways that code could break and take preventative steps, coding defensively
- You have worked in a team of other developers and product folks and have excellent communication skills You are very comfortable with problem solving independently and enjoy the continual challenge of problem solving and innovating
- You have an opportunistic mindset with a methodical approach for developing solutions
- You have a scrappy, figure it out, can do attitude
- Proficient with Webpack
- Proficient with NPM
- Proficient with Gulp
- Proficient with Git - merge conflicts, branching strategy
- Node.js experience
- Experience with on page SEO (knowing which headings to use, writing Schema markup, etc.)
- Asana project management tool
Life at Centerfield...
- Competitive salary + quarterly bonus
- Unlimited PTO – take a break when you need it!
- Industry leading medical, dental, and vision plans + generous parental leave
- 401(k) company match plan – fully vested day 1
- Outside patio overlooking Playa Vista + cabanas, firepits & working grills
- Monthly happy hours, catered lunches + daily food trucks
- Award winning culture & unprecedented team spirit (featured in LA Business Journal & Built In LA)
- Fully stocked kitchens with snacks & drinks
- Breakroom supplied with games, couches, workout equipment + weekly in-office exercise classes hosted by professional instructors (yoga, kickboxing & circuit training)
- Free onsite gym + locker rooms
- Paid charity and volunteer days (local mentor programs, adopt a pet, beach cleanup, etc.)
- Monthly team outings (ball games, casino night, hikes, etc.)
- Career growth – we enjoy promoting from within!
To learn more, visit us Here.
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
Centerfield Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.