Full Stack Engineer, T&S Community Tools at Tinder
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2 billion swipes per day, 20 million matches per day and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
As a Community Engineer, you will be part of the Trust & Safety Organization. We're a lean, multi-functional team of highly motivated engineers, data scientists, product managers, and anti-fraud specialists who are working to build a trusted Tinder community and to protect our users from toxic behavior, harassment, spam, and other forms of abuse.
We are looking for an Engineer that is excited to tackle problems and develop tools for the Community team! This team supports our users on a global scale by improving customer experience, enforcing internal abuse policies, and elevating both the quality and efficiency of our moderation efforts.What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with teams to drive your roadmap
- Work with Product and Engineering teams deliver complete solutions
- Partner with the moderation team to tackle and drive design decisions
- Design end-to-end full-stack applications, with privacy as a core consideration
- Own and maintain backend services for team tooling
- Iterate on application UX/workflow to drive core metrics
- Contribute to internal UI App/Component library
- Increase our moderator leverage by identifying shortcomings in existing workflows
- Build prototypes to test and experiment with new features/components
- Experience with NodeJS, ReactJS not required, but helpful
- Familiarity with visual design concepts
- Experience with data visualization
- 3+ years building APIs and/or web applications
- 3+ years using modern UI frameworks to build complex front-end UIs
- 2+ years in web/backend development
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.