At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ communities to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
Our Engineering Values:
GoodRx engineers put our customers first and have a deep sense of ownership of our products and services from design, to implementation and throughout ongoing operations. We believe “it can be done” and succeed through continuous learning. GoodRx engineers balance craftsmanship and speed-to-market employing unit testing, end-to-end automation, and service telemetry to enable safe and fast product delivery, system visibility and ease of operations. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly turn ideas into production-ready solutions in a fast-paced and friendly environment. You should also be comfortable learning new technologies as needed.
About the Role:
GoodRx is looking for an experienced Full Stack Software Engineer to join the engineering team.
As a Full-Stack Software Engineer, you will be collaborating with the rest of our engineering, product, design, data, and analytics team to transform ideas into exceptional products to help our users find affordable therapy solutions. You’ll be responsible for developing, prototyping, and designing front-end React/Typescript web applications while ensuring responsiveness and reusability of various components. You are passionate about innovation and playing around with the latest technologies and assisting the team in innovating and pushing the boundaries of our backend services and web technologies. As part of this role, you’ll also be responsible for developing and maintaining backend services and APIs that power our products. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly turn ideas from inception to final product in a fast-paced and friendly environment. You should be comfortable learning new technologies as needed.
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to deliver compelling cross platform (desktop/mobile web + native devices) user-facing products.
- Design, build, ship, and maintain reusable systems that drive our complex web applications.
- Own, create, review, and provide feedback on technical design proposals and proof of concepts.
- Write clean, fast, compatible, easy-to-use, and testable code to turn ideas into production quality products.
- Improve our design system and make other cross cutting architecture improvements to our overall architecture in both the Front-end and Back-end codebases.
- Mentor and be mentored by other engineers by leading and collaborating in all engineering discussions and evangelizing engineering best practices.
- Promote a culture of operational excellence by meticulously testing and monitoring our systems and code, writing documentation, and being on-call to support the health of our services.
- Collaborate, learn, and grow.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of real product experience - you have shipped products.
- Experience with our front-end technologies – React, TypeScript, NextJS, Redux, NodeJS, ES6, Webpack.
- Proven experience building server side APIs both RESTful and GraphQL.
- Experience with AWS technologies including AppSync, Lambda, StepFunctions, EventBridge.
- Writing standards-compliant, accessible markup and styling using CSS preprocessor or css-in-js.
- Proven experience taking features from inception to production.
- Experience with writing robust and maintainable unit, integration, and end-to-end tests.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals – you will work closely with other non-technical folks to get things done. Collaboration is key.
- Ability and desire to be a polyglot. Adapting to the tools and technologies appropriate for the job at hand.
- You are product minded with experience contributing to the definition of the products delivered by defining value propositions through the lens of the customer.
Good To Have:
- Experience with our back-end technologies – GoLang and/or Python.
- Experience building and maintaining responsive and/or isomorphic web applications.
- Knowledge of how performance on the web is measured and experience with tools like Lighthouse, Runscope, Sentry, and/or Datadog.
- WCAG 2.0+ AA and/or accessibility standards for web.
- Familiarity with Content Delivery Network (CDNs) level caching for static assets and static/dynamic web pages.
- Knowledge with continuous integration, automated testing, and deployment tools like CodeFresh (preferable), Circle, Drone, AppEngine, or similar.
- Experience with multi-package manager tools like Lerna.
- Knowledge or experience with React Hydration similar to Gatsby.
- Proven history of keeping up with cutting edge technologies.
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.