Frontend Shopify Liquid / Shopify theme developer (backend xp welcome) at ONYX Design
ONYX Design is seeking a multi-talented web developer with significant experience and understanding of Shopify Liquid/theme development.
We are a startup that provides web design, custom development, eCommerce, SEO and marketing services to a wide variety of clients. Our office is located in the fashion district of Downtown Los Angeles.
We are looking for candidates who are as passionate about web development as we are. We try to identify people with the "spark" of loving what they do so much that learning and growing their skills is a natural side effect of their ongoing curiosity and the challenges they overcome as they work.
More concretely, we are looking for developers who understand Shopify development at a deep level and who have significant experience with Shopify Liquid development. You will likely be doing much more than just Shopify theme coding, but that is the core role of this particular position.
Candidates must be excited about the prospect of joining a small, tightly-knit team at a fast-growing company. This is not a corporate setting. You must be ready and willing to take on a variety of tasks. We are seeking an ambitious developer who wants to grow with the company.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Deep understanding and experience with Shopify Liquid and theme development, and the Shopify platform in general
- High proficiency in CSS, SASS/SCSS
- High proficiency with git / version control
- Proficiency with npm and basic use of the command line
- At least some experience with backend development and API integrations
- Candidates must already be authorized to work in the United States (no VISA sponsorship)
BONUS SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Other languages/platforms: WordPress, PHP, Node.js, Vue
- Design, Adobe Suite
- Domain / DNS configuration, Cloudflare
- Understanding of SEO
- Online marketing (Email marketing, Adwords / PPC, Social Media)
- Development and maintenance work on various websites, eCommerce sites, and web application projects
- Executing revisions / modifications to existing client sites.
- Setting up sites and dev sites. Migrating / deploying websites.
- We are a small, agile tech company, so you must be adaptable, agile, and willing to step in where needed. Depending on skills and company need, you may also work on WordPress sites/themes/plugins, web app development, or internal dev ops projects
A NOTE ABOUT LOCATION
Traditionally, we have been a full-time in-office team, so we have only considered candidates who are located in the Los Angeles area. However, the COVID-19 crisis has forced us to transition and adapt to remote work, at least temporarily. As such, we may consider strong candidates who do not reside in Los Angeles, though Los Angeles residents are still preferred.