Popdog is a technology and services company focused on fixing core problems in the esports and live streaming industry. That means we're building tools meant to power the future of the space, and we're eager to find talented folks (like you!) to join us on this journey.
We've assembled a team of industry leaders, like Loaded, Noscope, and Catalyst Esports, to come together like never before to develop better ways to monetize and stabilize the industries we love. Many of our team were formative to the rise of esports and gaming, and now we're taking all that knowledge and experience to build things that can ensure a future for it.
Popdog is the brainchild of a team who've poured decades of blood, sweat, and tears into ensuring video games are a real future for people around the globe. We work with every game publisher you can think of and brands like ADIDAS, Red Bull, HBO. If you want to be part of an imaginative, data-driven, and self-aware team who are creating things we've never seen, we are your future.
About Engineering at Popdog
Our engineering team is looking for like-minded individuals that love video games, moving fast, breaking things and putting them back together (if this scares you, don't worry, we know the value of running stable production systems and we don't require you to be 8000 MMR in DotA 2.)
We value demonstrated ability above all else and like to think we run a true meritocracy. Whether you’re a PhD career engineer, a mason coming out of Hack Reactor or someone who spent his entire youth in their room hacking away at personal projects, we’re a diverse bunch looking for anyone with the willpower and drive to build cool shit.
As some of the first engineers joining our team, we want you to help us define the culture, systems and processes and to champion them in the years to come.
As for languages or frameworks, we believe any good engineer should be able to adapt to any given language, ecosystem or infrastructure in a reasonable timeframe and always strive to use the right tool for the job at hand. We're primarily running Go, Node (Typescript) and React on the client side right now.
Whether you're inclined to be a manager or individual contributor, in true startup fashion, we expect everyone up to and including our VP to write code until management duties eventually don't allow for it anymore.
If you’re looking for a chill 9-5 where your ultimate benchmark is the yearly 360 review, it’s unlikely we’ll make you happy right now. But if you’re hungry for real, unadulterated growth and having true impact on not only the product you're building, but also the team you're building it with, we’d like to talk to you.
- Designing and developing reusable components, creating interactive experiences and contributing to a maintainable architecture.
- Working closely with product, design and engineering teams through the entire lifecycle from drafting to delivering products, features and services.
- Taking ownership of products and projects, championing their implementation, adoption and maintenance.
- Be a driving force in our engineering culture. Reviewing code, living operational excellence, delivering quality code.
- Contribute to accountability through blameless, results driven post-mortem processes.
- Mentoring and leading junior engineers, raising the bar and contributing to best practices for all engineers.
- Being excellent to others.
- A relevant degree, academic background, or industry experience as a software engineer.
- Demonstrated ability of contributing to high quality, large scale software products.
- Experience working with a RESTful or GraphQL API.
- Very good written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Taking feedback well and having the desire to grow both yourself and your team.
- Self-sufficiency and the never-ending drive to build cool shit.
- Experience with modern API practices and technologies such as Apollo and GraphQL.
- Open source contributions. We love open source and will contribute where we can.
- A love for automation, continuous integration, deployment, testing.
- Deep knowledge of the full stack, from client to system layer, and experience with AWS services.