Frontend Engineer at Clutter
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including Softbank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 750+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years.
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we've focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to join our rapidly-growing team of engineers. This individual will join the team in building applications and developing our vertically-integrated solutions from the ground up. With a product-focused mindset and commitment to delivering the best user experience possible, you will write client code that interacts with our server and design and implement data models.
What you'll do:
- Design, implement and launch highly-visible user-facing features and web applications.
- Write performant and testable frontend code for high-performance optimization, maintainability, and scalability.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to other engineers on the team.
What we're looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience developing frontend software with deep experience in one or more relevant frontend frameworks (React, Vue, Angular, etc.) and tooling (like webpack).
- Experience architecting Single Page Applications is a plus.
- Experience working on mobile-optimized websites is a plus.
- Experience with complex frontend projects such as migrating a mature app from AngularJS to ReactJS is a plus.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field is a plus.
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.