Frontend Engineer at Jaanuu (Greater LA Area, CA)
Jaanuu is a digital-first retailer changing the world of performance-oriented medical scrubs through innovations in fabric, design and fit.
We are looking for a passionate and talented Frontend Engineer to join our ecommerce web team. Successful candidates must have demonstrated experience building innovative, intuitive, and reliable web applications. You will have a unique opportunity to make a substantial impact on the functionality, design and delivery of world-class experiences used daily by medical professionals including the many heroes who have worked on the frontlines of COVID.
The Frontend Engineer will design, deliver and support frontend ecommerce development of web and mobile web experiences, working closely with Product Management, UI/UX, Solution Architects and Quality Assurance in a highly collaborative environment. The ecommerce team is dynamic, fast paced, and highly collaborative.
The ideal candidate thrives in an environment where change though experimentation, iteration and evolution is continuous. The ecommerce development team embraces Agile - where all roles closely collaborate with one another to own all aspects of the digital user experience. This means engineers need to take initiative to pick up new stories and reach out to one another when they need assistance to ensure user stories are complete. Likewise, engineers need to be available, proactive, and willing to assist other teammates when they need assistance. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must for this position.
This position reports to the SVP of Product Management.
- Deliver intuitive UI experiences and front-end functionality for ecommerce and internal web applications.
- Contribute to continuously improving team productivity, code quality, tool, and technology adoption.
- Collaborate effectively and closely with UX Designers, other Front End and Back End Developers, Product Managers, and QA to refine and improve the user experience.
- Identify and resolve problems uncovered by testing and user feedback.
- 2+ years of web development/engineering experience on a consumer facing interface.
- Familiarity with newer specifications of HTML5, CSS3, and newer versions of EcmaScript.
- Proficiency with modern front-end build pipelines and tools such as webpack, SASS.
- Solid experience optimizing for site-speed performance.
- Strong cross-browser/cross-platform user interface compatibility development experience including responsive web sites.
- Basic understanding of Ruby on Rails or equivalent MVC web frameworks.
- Working knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Success working within an Agile environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative and cross-functional environment that values a passionate, responsible, and ethically driven spirit.
Plus If You Have:
- Desire to learn and continue to do web related backend work, the candidate with the right qualifications will be given the priority to be converted to full-time Full Stack Engineer
- Existing Ruby on Rails backend experience
- Past work experience with e-commerce stores.
- Github, portfolio or past work experiences to showcase your web development skills with the above-mentioned technologies.
- Enthusiasm for technology and a high awareness of industry context and ongoing evolution of relevant technology.
But what's in it for you? Glad you asked!
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a multitude of benefits and perks, including:
- Full suite of medical insurance with 100% employer-paid contributions for employees and 50% paid coverage for dependents, plus no-cost access to Employee Assistance Programs,
- Meaningful stock options grants for eligible full-time employees,
- 9+ paid holidays + winter break (Christmas Day to New Year's Day),
- 401k with employer match,
- Unlimited, flexible time off,
- Generous monthly WFH stipend,
- Jaanuu Employee Discount and more!
At Jaanuu, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it and we learn from each other for the benefit of our people, our products, and our community. Jaanuu is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.