Front End Software Engineer at NEXT Trucking
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:16 p.m. (PST) on Friday, February 14, 2020
NEXT was founded with a vision to implement solutions and bring change to a fragmented industry. As a FreightTech pioneer, we are designing technology-driven solutions to transform the $800B U.S. shipping & trucking industry. Our platform connects shippers with freight capacity for every step of a shipment’s journey.
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to provide world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion dollar puzzle and make freight painless.
Armed with experienced professionals from Google, Amazon, Salesforce and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. We have been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
This role will be part of a newly formed team(s) for application development and will own the front-end development of all applications in the product portfolio for which their team is responsible. This role offers tremendous career growth within the web discipline with the ability to grow into either a team lead position or a principal engineer position.
Our small development team is growing and each engineer has the ability to make broad impact on the entire engineering organization and its practices. Use modern technology on a team that is eager to adopt leading edge practices. Fast growing company in a hot market. Very well funded, including premier Silicon Valley investors. Minimal legacy code to work on and most development will be greenfield.
What You'll Do
- Utilize your ability to deliver features on both our React and React Native platforms
- Make API calls and orchestrate, store, and interact with data in Redux.
- Utilize your understanding of the Redux lifecycle to create new actions and change state in Redux
- Make async function calls from within Redux and understand the reasons they are done in Redux
- Utilize and grow a reasonable understanding of Webpack
- Maintain design consistency as defined by the design team throughout our web and mobile products
- Work with and develop reusable React components.
- Utilize a full understanding of the React component lifecycle
- Effectively communicate with product & design and demonstrate incremental progress of the front end to product & design
- Write front end unit tests
What You'll Have
- To demonstrate an effective use of web development tooling like Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, etc.
- To have built production applications in Angular/AngularJS, React/React Native, or Vue.js
- To demonstrate an ability to manage long-term state in production front end applications
- To have effectively structured and componentized a production front end application
- To have formulated a facts-based opinion on the responsibility of a front end application relative to the responsibility of the APIs that the front end application uses
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Base Salary + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
NEXT Trucking may collect your contact information, professional or employment-related history, and other identifiers which shall be used for the purpose of job applications.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description