Front End React Engineer
WELL is a fully integrated patient communication platform that enables enterprise health systems, private practices, and vendors to communicate with patients securely across any channel, including text messaging, email, telephone, and live-chat.
With WELL, patients receive all of their healthcare communication from one trusted source — their provider. The platform empowers service representatives to seamlessly converse with patients in real time, ensuring patients feel heard while driving staff efficiency and increased revenue.
Founded in 2015, WELL is based in Santa Barbara, California and was recently rated the category leader for Patient Engagement Software by G2 Crowd. WELL serves many of the country’s leading health systems and powers best-in-class experiences for more than 7,000 healthcare professionals and 5 million patients nationwide.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with both technical and non-technical teams, including Product, QA, and UX.
- Contribute to planning and decisions around the design of the product, requirements of features, and roadmap for delivery
- Build new services using open source technology and tools
- Drive quality by writing high quality, effective unit tests and functional tests for high availability systems and libraries.
- Break down requirements, plan and estimate tasks
- Work with React JS written in ES 2015
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (Or Equivalent Experience)
- Strong grasp of JS and CS fundamentals and ES6
- Proficiency in working with a range of APIs (REST, websockets, etc.)
- Agile - We value the ability to ship excellent software quickly and frequently. A proven ability to work on closely-knit teams using Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum) is highly valued.
- Passion - Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You find clever ways around problems, or just plow through them. You are entrepreneurial, and want to get things done. You have high aptitude, and always seek new challenges and desire to learn new technologies quickly.
- Experience with the React or ReactNative ecosystem
- Experience with CSS 3.0 and preprocessors such as LESS or SASS
- Familiarity with Typescript
- Experience building Electron apps
- Work with Redis, Postgres, and MongoDB
- Full Health Benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Equity package
- Unlimited Vacation / PTO
- Located in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara
- Monthly commuter stipend
- Fantastic company culture
- Frequent happy hours and events
- Stocked kitchen
- Ergonomic desk setup
- Dog friendly office