Front End Engineer at SpotOn
Front End Engineer
FULL - TIME
Los Angeles, CA (or Remote, U.S. - based only)
As a Front End Engineer at Appetize, you will be responsible for contributing towards the
architecture, feature development, quality, and delivery of your team's client-facing products.
You will help drive and execute with your team to produce innovative technical solutions that
lead to scalable, reliable, and polished applications. This will entail turning product requirements
into high-quality designs, technical documentation, tests, and ultimately - feature code.
The responsibilities of the Front End Engineer fall under three categories:
● Comprehensive front-end knowledge, illustrated by understanding the nuances and
trade-offs of different approaches depending on project context.
● Intimate understanding of foundational front-end technologies, HTML, CSS, and
● Understanding the benefits of a design system as well as experience with their
● Ability to adopt complex UI and UX requirements into responsive, cross-browser,
● Understanding of semantic markup and its effect on accessibility and internationalization.
● Extensive experience with React and the greater React-ecosystem.
● Expertise in API-based development via REST and/or GraphQL.
● Robust debugging skills with the ability to quickly identify root cause, up and down the
● Experience in a distributed, cloud-based, micro-service architecture.
● Takes ownership of code quality from beginning to end of code lifecycle.
● Incisive and efficient code-reviewer who can improve the code output of their team.
● Passionate about test coverage techniques and standards like TDD, unit testing,
integration testing, end-to-end testing, API testing, and others.
● Strong sense of pride taken in the work delivered by themselves and their team.
● Ability to communicate with internal and external team members under both technical
and non-technical contexts.
● An advocate of documentation. Internally, to formulate thoughts, plans, and designs and
externally, to inform and persuade others.
● Member who can identify areas for improvement in the team and implement those
improvements in a thoughtful manner.
● Avid learner and teacher within their team, sharing new knowledge with colleagues to
level-up their team and product.
Appetize is the leading Enterprise Cloud Point of Sale (POS) and management platform for food service and retail. We're trusted by many of the world’s most well known and highest volume businesses, including sports and entertainment venues, theme parks and attractions, restaurants, retailers, education campuses, and business cafeterias. Based in Silicon Beach, CA, we have over 300 employees dedicated to developing cutting-edge technology that’s replacing outdated legacy systems and helping enterprises better their guest experience, future-proof operations, and driving financial performance.
At Appetize our employees are at the core of everything we do. As the company continues to grow, our team is dedicated to attracting and retaining top talent who are smart, mission-driven, and share a common goal of continuous innovation. We believe that the success of our product depends on the success of our team. From fully covered medical benefits, monthly standups highlighting individuals' accomplishments, Waffle Wednesdays, and more, we’re dedicated to making this the best place to work!