Front-End Engineer at Beautycounter
One by one, we are leading a movement to a future where all beauty is clean beauty. We are powered by people, and our collective mission is to get safer products into the hands of everyone. Formulate, advocate & educate- that's our motto for creating products that truly perform while holding ourselves to unparalleled standards of safety.
It's really this simple: Beauty should be good for you.
We are looking for a Front-End Engineer who is driven by great design matched with great code. The ideal Front-End Engineer will have a proven track record of delivering clean, performant, and maintainable code following modern responsive design practices
In this role you will:
- Develop new user-facing features and front end architecture for our e-commerce platform
- Build reusable, performant code
- Design, develop, deploy, maintain, and improve software
- Help manage and maintain existing platforms
- Work cross-functionally with other engineering teams and digital product teams to provide the best experience for our customers
- Manage individual priorities and deadlines
We are looking for someone who has:
- More than 3 years experience delivering performant and secure web applications
- Advanced level experience with HTML5, CSS3, Sass, ES6/7
- Experience with a CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with application-state frameworks such as Redux or MobX
- Experience in a Node ecosystem, building scalable applications using tools like Express and webpack
- Great communication and knowledge-sharing skills
- Experience building single page applications
- Knowledge of building and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of best practices for performance, accessibility, and e-commerce
- Comfortable with unit- and integration-testing using frameworks like Jest, Enzyme, Mocha, or Chai
- Nice to have experience with GraphQL, SQL, Falcor
- Nice to have experience with cloud-based computing platforms such as AWS or GCP.