Front End Developer at Universal Music Group
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is seeking a Front-End Developer to join the UMG eCommerce & Label Services group’s creative team in Philadelphia. The Front-End Developer will be responsible for developing pixel perfect frontend code, building impactful shop and site experiences for eCommerce and eCommerce marketing. The candidate will work closely with a variety of stakeholders across the organization including design, marketing, store management, and technology to build interactive frontend experiences for fans, primarily working on top of our Shopify stack. These experiences include, but are not limited to, customizing and elevating e-commerce storefronts, building landing pages to support marketing campaigns, and coding out badass email templates for some of the biggest artists in the world.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Own the frontend development of our eCommerce properties to provide fans with a seamless, on brand, shopping experiences
- Maintain high standards of quality - Bring an approved design to life using pixel perfect technique
- Have a deep understanding of UX to elevate fan experiences across eCommerce properties
- Take direction, collaborate and communicate effectively with all members of the team
- Meet deadlines in an efficient and timely manner
- Perform QA and cross browser compatibility
- Participate in project scoping to ensure end products align with business goals
Bring your VIBE:
- 4-5+ years of full-time work experience in frontend-focused web development; bonus if experience is in eCommerce
- Bachelor’s degree / Certification in a related field
- Expert knowledge of HTML5, Canvas, CSS3
- Experience with jQuery
- Expert knowledge of modern frontend frameworks, specifically React
- Expert knowledge of frontend UX best practices
- Experience with ECMAScript 2015+ and Node JS
- Experience with frontend builds using Gulp or Webpack
- Experience with Shopify
- Experience and knowledge of mobile optimization and responsive development
- Experience with testing and performance optimization across all devices
- Ability to create standards-compliant code
- Desire to be constantly learning and challenged
- Must have a passion for the web, technology and entertainment industries
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish