Flight Test Engineer at Anduril
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- As a Test and Evaluation (T&E) engineer, under minimal supervision, you will be responsible for test planning, execution and reporting
- Collect and perform initial test data analysis for the system under test.
- Work closely with Engineering to discuss test results, to include collected data and observations.
- Support execution of flight testing at private and government owned test ranges
- System level T&E of hardware and software with emphasis placed on resource planning, conducting ground and flight testing, and process improvement/development.
- Act as primary test engineer during ground and flight operations. Test duties include system level T&E of hardware and software.
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- A bachelor's degree or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time or more.
- Previous expertise and working knowledge of the National Airspace System and UAS operating rules and regulations thereof.
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts, principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and, expanding knowledge of principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical specialties.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Strong computer and documentation experience.
- Must have strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one or more engineering areas.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to immediately obtain a U.S. Secret-Level or greater Security Clearance.
- Aerospace engineering degree
- Experience working with the Department of Defense (DoD)
- Experience as a test conductor, test director, test pilot/navigator or similar
- Component level qualification experience
- Prior experience with small UAS